Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial SCX-10

Notices

Thread: Revisiting an old project

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-28-2019, 11:25 AM   #1
Quarry Creeper

Default Revisiting an old project

Back in 2011 I built this body to fit on my old scx-10 kit chassis.
The body was a max traxx hummer. It crawled great and looked completely different from all the jeeps and yotas out there.

To me it just didn’t look quite right. The rear section just looked too short compared to the cab. So that is where I am picked up the build again after sooo many years.

Here is the start. Just add a third axle. That makes it look a bit better.

There can be more though.

I still had the max traxx chassis and tracks in storage. I started looking at the ones on eBay and even the traxxas ones. Then I remember I still had them. They do use an odd hex size. Oddly enough I found these adaptors in all my junk parts

That is the right hex size for the tracks. Problem is they are threaded on the other end for a 5mm shaft so it’s not a simple bolt on deal.

I have seen an adaptor wheel on shapeway specifically for adapting these to a standard 12mm hex. With a $25 a piece price it’s not a cheap option. Considering for 200 I could get all metal china special tracks that will last longer then the one I have now.

So. The next step is to either find a file for those adaptor wheels and print them myself on my printer or design my own adapter wheels.

I will update in a week on what I find or what I created.

Sent from my iPhone X using Tapatalk
toka100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links

Revisiting an old project - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Start of a new Deadbolt project. Lets call it Project: Cheapbolt Prime Axial SCX-10 211 01-07-2017 09:53 AM
Revisiting my Babyota (loto pics) Thundermaxx 2.2 Scale Rigs 55 12-15-2006 01:41 AM