Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial SCX10 II

Notices

Thread: 10.2 chassis with gen1 axles?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-06-2017, 10:12 AM   #1

Default 10.2 chassis with gen1 axles?

Hi all! New here but not new to crawling. So I have kind of an interesting project that I cant seem to find any info on so I am not sure if its been done before. I was given a mostly complete 10.2 chassis with stock links and I now have an opportunity to buy a set of gen 1 axles and trans at a killer deal from a friend. The trans is no issue since it will bolt right up to the skid. My concern is with how the axles will sit under the chassis compared to gen 2 axles. The reason I have this concern is due to the way the links are set up on the 10.2 chassis with the front and rear being different lengths along with the driveshaft unlike the old way where the front and rear are the same length based on the wheelbase. I realize that probably my best bet is to just bolt it together and remake links as needed but if there is someone that has done something similar, any advice on links and driveshaft options would be greatly appreciated.
TheD1ngo is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-06-2017, 10:37 AM   #2
RCC Addict

Default Re: 10.2 chassis with gen1 axles?

You can do it, but the 10.2 axles are definitely superior to the Gen 1 axles. Link lengths don't matter much and neither does the driveshafts, Axial supplies several different shafts in their kits because you need to adjust those if you change your wheelbase. AX31114 is the driveshaft set that has plenty of options, and you can always just cut the hollow ends to length.
Sneetches is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2017, 01:28 PM   #3

Default Re: 10.2 chassis with gen1 axles?

Believe me I would love to get a set of 10.2 axles but I am on a pretty tight budget with this. This isnt my first crawler either or I would just save and get 10.2 axles. So I shouldnt have any driveline or suspension geometry issues if I have to go a little shorter on the front? I'm mostly just looking to put together a good functioning rig to have as a spare and to try to get my girlfriend interested. It definitely wont be as hardcore of a rig as my Dingo kit that I have had for a few years now.
TheD1ngo is offline   Reply With Quote

10.2 chassis with gen1 axles? - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Tekin Redline Gen1 Motors GrimJeeper91 Electronics 5 02-18-2016 12:16 PM
gen1 vs gen2 pitbulls cowboy_crawler Tires and Wheels 13 03-27-2013 10:58 AM