Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial SCX10 II

Notices

Thread: General SCX10ii trans questions.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-03-2017, 07:36 AM   #1
RCC Addict

Default General SCX10ii trans questions.

I have a couple SCX10, which have enough upgrades already done to them that they perform as well as a duce, well at least the ones I have seen.

That being said it is time for another winter project, and the deuce seems like a good starting point. That point has been settled and I am collecting parts prior to buying a kit.

With out the kit in hand, the best I can do is reading. Either some things are unclear or I just want confirmation, so I am reaching out to you guys.

Lets talk trannies. I really want to put a dig unit in the rig, more as a novelty to be honest. I like the idea of disengaging the rear on climbs where torque and traction lifts the front. Of coarse I want to play around with locking the rear.

From what I am reading, if I plan on using the VP dig unit, I need to switch to the rtr(same as scx10 right?) transmission. Kit will have the skid plate, but Ill need to buy new internals, going with a metal case regardless.

If that is the case will there be any issues with the gear ratio that couldn't be addressed with pinion changes? (normally run 3s and a 35t, but may try brushless. So I can adjust any of that if needed)

I am assuming that since its WB shafts size wont be an issue as I can cut them down if needed.
Ditchrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-03-2017, 10:37 AM   #2
Rock Crawler

Default Re: General SCX10ii trans questions.

Vp digs are awesome ive been running them for years and they still work flawlessly! You will need a regular style SCX trans. I def recommend a alum case and either Vp Incision, SSD or HR internal gears! Take your time setting it up especially your dig servo end points and it will shift smooth as butter
distinctive pd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2017, 12:33 PM   #3
RCC Addict

Default Re: General SCX10ii trans questions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by distinctive pd View Post
Vp digs are awesome ive been running them for years and they still work flawlessly! You will need a regular style SCX trans. I def recommend a alum case and either Vp Incision, SSD or HR internal gears! Take your time setting it up especially your dig servo end points and it will shift smooth as butter

Will do I was going to spring for the VP only so the finishes match, I know right, stupid but its a treat not a needed part so.

Have you run one in a deuce yet?
Ditchrat is offline   Reply With Quote

General SCX10ii trans questions. - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
SCX10II Kit Trans Issues... JSterrett Axial SCX10 II 9 03-12-2017 10:24 PM
General G questions Curcal G-Made Crawlers 1 06-27-2012 04:25 PM
Just some general questions Synthetic Losi Mini-Rock Crawler 6 11-29-2009 09:15 PM
General 3 speed trans ??? shierkahn General Crawlers 1 12-08-2008 08:55 PM