Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial SCX10 II

Notices

Thread: Xtra Speed Jeep V2 body on SCX10ii

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-13-2018, 05:50 PM   #1

Default Xtra Speed Jeep V2 body on SCX10ii

Anyone know what needs to be done to get the V2 version of the Xtra Speed Jeep body to fit on the SCX10ii? I'm thinking of getting one, but I don't want to have to cut up the body a bunch or completely rearrange the guts of the SCX10ii either.
Acrozier is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-13-2018, 07:51 PM   #2

Default Re: Xtra Speed Jeep V2 body on SCX10ii

Funny, wondered the same. I bought one today. Check youtube, Kingston RC has a few videos about his build. From what I have seen and read, it fits right up.
dhc8guru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2018, 12:01 PM   #3

I have one mounted on a SCX10, it looks like it would fit well on the SCX10ii with kit transmission being mounted in the stock rear position. That's just looking at the floor pan molding. It has mounting points cast into the body that don't line up to the front or rear positions, I'm not sure what chassis it's actually designed for. I made a small metal plate to match the body mounting points on the front and I'm using strong Velcro for the rear. You could use magnets if you're doing gentle trailing, but, the body is really solid and heavy as a result.

I just realized there are three versions of xtra speed jeep JK unlimited bodies. I have the one below, which has a lower rear floor and different body mounting points.

http://www.rcmart.com/jeep-hard-plas...d-p-74625.html

Last edited by norcal-s; 03-15-2018 at 02:03 PM.
norcal-s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2018, 07:53 AM   #4

I finally found a good video that showed the mods needed to get the body to fit correctly on a SCX10 ii RTR. Radio gear has to be moved and something has to be done with the gearbox casing. In this particular person's build, he removed the grey casing. Not sure where he is placing his radio gear.

I think this is a no go for me since I would still like to throw my trail honcho body on when I know I'm going to be running hard rocky trails.
Acrozier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2018, 10:50 AM   #5

I used one of the ebay jk hard bodies (pretty much the same as the xtra speed) and other than using magnets to attach i cut out the center console a bit to clear the tranny (dig tranny spun around backwards so the dig acts as a transfer case) and a small place for the motor terminal and dig actuator. Had to cut more than i originally planned to just to get the body down on the frame. I wanted it to look like a jeep with maybe a few inches of lift to clear the 37" Mud Thrashers. Used some styrene to fill in any holes, but with the interior painted black, u can barely notice it!! I'd like to post pics but i don't have a Photobucket acct or anything so until i do i can't post em up! I'll be sure to post back here when i finally do. My opinion.....GET ONE!!! Even if it doesn't fit easily, hell i think i enjoy the build better than the driving!!
gilnasty82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2018, 10:52 AM   #6

BTW NORCAL-S's link is the EXACT body i used!!
gilnasty82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2018, 08:29 PM   #7
Pebble Pounder

You watched Ricks Scale RC I'd bet. He moved a bunch of stuff. I have seen it in person. But he hasn't revealed it yet in YouTube, so I won't mention. But a bunch of what he moved was because he just wanted to i think. Only minimum cutting was required to fit it on. Trim battery box, a little out of the console and a small spot in the driver side floor board by the transmission tunnel
Quote:
Originally Posted by Acrozier View Post
I finally found a good video that showed the mods needed to get the body to fit correctly on a SCX10 ii RTR. Radio gear has to be moved and something has to be done with the gearbox casing. In this particular person's build, he removed the grey casing. Not sure where he is placing his radio gear.

I think this is a no go for me since I would still like to throw my trail honcho body on when I know I'm going to be running hard rocky trails.
Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
Unclelee is offline   Reply With Quote

Xtra Speed Jeep V2 body on SCX10ii - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
I need help mounting xtra speed cherokee body on a scx10 iluvny081 Paint and Body 1 01-22-2018 01:39 PM
Xtra speed 334 wb Frank211 General Scale Talk 2 01-19-2018 12:16 PM
New Wrangler Unlimited Body from Xtra Speed Digs1111 Paint and Body 28 12-18-2017 06:55 PM
Xtra Speed Jeep Wrangler Body Kit Digs1111 Paint and Body 0 08-30-2017 03:16 PM
xtra speed rc roughneck General Crawlers 6 04-06-2014 09:17 PM