Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial SCX10 II

Notices

Thread: SCX10.2 with Hurtz dig v2??

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-25-2018, 12:29 AM   #1
Rock Stacker

Default SCX10.2 with Hurtz dig v2??

I’ve been searching here and web like crazy trying not to ask some stupid question here. But, I must now, getting frustrated. I have a scx10.2 kit on order. I’m wanting to run the Vanquish dig. I know I need the original scx10 transmission to do so. I can buy all the miscellaneous parts and build it. But, that has been a bit frustrating knowing what goes with what parts. Manufacturers tend to not be very descriptive. But was wondering if anyone knows if the complete Hot Racing SCX10 transmission part number HRASCP38ST05 will work with the V2 dig. Or should I just go with all Vanquish. Gets pretty pricy though. The Supershafty would be nice, but almost the cost of the kit. I would prefer to run a slipper clutch, but not sure if it’s necessary. If someone here has done this mod could you please help with my ignorance to this new to me adventure. Thanks all, Phillip
Pjking is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-25-2018, 05:34 AM   #2
Quarry Creeper

Default Re: SCX10.2 with Hurtz dig v2??

buy the parts and build is the cheapest way to go other than finding one off ebay from someone that's already done this. HRASCP38ST05 will work with the VP dig unit. another option is trade you kit trans for what your looking for.
intheworks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2018, 07:21 PM   #3
Rock Stacker

Thanks bud, I appreciate it. I’ll probably go with the Hot Racing unit then. The Vanquish stuff is very nice but I’ll be spending a lot on my Manba X and HH motor. We have a local rc swap meet coming up I’ll try to sell off the unwanted parts from the kit. Then sell rest here.
Pjking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2018, 07:38 PM   #4
Quarry Creeper

the vp transmission housing went down to 39 bucks recently. pretty solid fair price for one that wont strip like the plastic axial housing, gears from the kit should fit it until you upgrade to something else
odomandr is offline   Reply With Quote