Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial SCX10 II

Notices

Thread: Transmission binding

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-03-2020, 06:24 PM   #1

Default Transmission binding

https://share.icloud.com/photos/0X9m...PHu4lMg4FgnpUA

Anyone running this HR thanks case? It’s binding bad when I install the top gear. I have two different gears and two different shafts. Same thing happens. Anyone have this problem or know a fix? Everything is clean and no debris between the bearings and case. It’s the HR SCX10ii case. Idk if you can see pic
pkfab1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-03-2020, 06:41 PM   #2
I wanna be Dave

Default Re: Transmission binding

Quote:
Originally Posted by pkfab1 View Post

Anyone running this HR thanks case? It’s binding bad when I install the top gear. I have two different gears and two different shafts. Same thing happens. Anyone have this problem or know a fix? Everything is clean and no debris between the bearings and case. It’s the HR SCX10ii case. Idk if you can see pic

Back up a step, so you pulled apart a working tranny and swapped the guts into this? or are these all new untested parts. Theres not much to it, install the gears and bearings and seal it up, theres nothing to adjust so it needs to be designed with the correct tolerances.

My initial thoughts are the case is your problem, Hot Racing in my biased opinion isnt the best.

EDIT: I dont know if this effects the old 3 gear tranny but the newer kit tranny had a issues where you could install one of the gears 2 different ways. One orientation puts the drive pin in a recess thats squared off, the other side has a round recess. Each orientation puts the gear in a slightly different plane. This didnt lead to binding per say it just created a bit of crunchy-ness. This issue carried over to the 10.3 as well but they fixed it in a running change (with a new gear I believe).

Last edited by HumboldtEF; 12-03-2020 at 06:49 PM.
HumboldtEF is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2020, 08:00 PM   #3
I wanna be Dave

Default Re: Transmission binding

Quote:
Originally Posted by pkfab1 View Post

I have the wraith version of that. Make sure all bearings are flat and not cocked.(clean the pockets)mine was tight, and smooth all snugged and sealed. I used the parts from Super Shafty and built a bombproof.

Hang up and Drive
mikemcE is offline   Reply With Quote

Transmission binding - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Carbon Fiber Transmission Covers for VP XR10 Transmission Housing. Tomy Axles, Trannys, T-case 4 01-20-2013 07:48 AM
Transmission binding InFlames Venom Creeper 11 12-23-2009 07:55 PM
transmission binding CrawlerDan Tamiya XC/CC01 14 08-09-2009 10:43 AM