Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial SCX10 II

Notices

Thread: Unlock diffs on SCX10ii?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-21-2020, 12:55 PM   #1
Quarry Creeper

Default Unlock diffs on SCX10ii?

I know there was a thread about this 2 years ago, but the answer was no.
I'm hoping that there's something new that might allow me to unlock the diffs, or at least an axle with the same gear ratio was the ar44 that unlocks.

Is there a way of making it unlocked/ does anybody make a diff for the AR44?

Trx4 axles won't work, because of the difference in gear ratio, even with portal delete and underdrive, because I'm using the Element IFS, so I can't put a TRX4 diff up front.

The closest thing I could find was having a Ar60 (scx10 axle) in the back, which I saw that there was a mod where it could be unlocked, but I'd have to underdrive the back while overdriving the front to get around the same ratio, the difference is less than with a TRX4 axle, but it's still there, which is 3.375 in the front and 3.307 in the back, but this is going on a 20mph car, and I doubt it would like that difference.

This could be solved with a center diff, but that's just adding on to my already expensive parts list.

So TLDR: Is there a way I can unlock the Ar44 axle.
TITANIUM94010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-23-2020, 10:36 AM   #2
Pebble Pounder

Default Re: Unlock diffs on SCX10ii?

I don't have the answer but it's an interesting idea.

So you're thinking locking the diff for climbs then running open diff for speed?

Just curious of the usage you're thinking.
food2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2020, 11:39 AM   #3
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by food2000 View Post
I don't have the answer but it's an interesting idea.

So you're thinking locking the diff for climbs then running open diff for speed?

Just curious of the usage you're thinking.
Yeah, pretty much. I don't need it remote or anything. I'd be glad even if I need to open it up and add some screws to lock it.
TITANIUM94010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2020, 05:34 PM   #4
Quarry Creeper

The number difference of .07 with the ar60s won't be noticeable. I have 2 fast wraiths, and one has underdrive in the rear. The one with underdrive handles the speed better. Which I didnt expect. But it could be the slightly wider tires and the slightly longer rear links helping the stability.
There used to be a company that sold lockable diffs for the ar60 a couple years ago, but not sure if they're still available. An smt diff is open, and i believe tunable with diff fluid.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
Steve g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2020, 02:28 PM   #5
Pebble Pounder

So, the 2 speed transmission in my opinion has worked well for when i want to more speed and other for crawling.

I also have b6.1 and sc6.1, of course they won't have that open diff smooth feel but it does the job...
food2000 is offline   Reply With Quote

Unlock diffs on SCX10ii? - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Buttery Smooth! Axial SCX10II Bleeded Shock Mod - A Must Do all SCX10II joerc2013 Axial SCX10 II 58 07-13-2020 09:44 AM
is it possible to unlock diffs of the Losi MRC? joeel Losi Mini-Rock Crawler 5 03-09-2010 08:35 PM
unlock diffs and where to get gears meancrawler Axial AX-10 Scorpion 3 05-27-2009 04:45 PM