Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Losi Mini-Rock Crawler

Notices

Thread: is it possible to unlock diffs of the Losi MRC?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-26-2010, 03:08 PM   #1

Default is it possible to unlock diffs of the Losi MRC?

Hello,
I have bought a new Losi MRC, I would like to know if it is possible to unlock the diffs of the front and central transmission of the MRC.

And does anyone know how the reduce the noise of the central transmission of the mini crawler??

Would really appreciate if someone would give some info on this.
joeel is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-26-2010, 03:50 PM   #2
Rock Crawler

hmmm it woudl be somewhat hard but the diffs are taken out and been replace with lockers so its not that possible... lol sorry... but to reduce the noise you could open it up and put some oil in it then change the motor... the motor is what makes the noise... ;)
shadowrejects is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2010, 07:07 PM   #3
Pebble Pounder

I'm pretty sure that MLST2 diff parts drop right in, someone correct me if I'm wrong.
SLODRIVE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2010, 09:49 PM   #4
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLODRIVE View Post
I'm pretty sure that MLST2 diff parts drop right in, someone correct me if I'm wrong.
that's correct!
fordwheeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2010, 02:49 AM   #5

thank you all very much for the replies, (I live in Turkey in a city where no one has rc vehicles and there are no hobby shops either around so the site here will be very useful for me)

I have 2 MLST2 s, one of them I dont use but just as spare parts I will try and see if I can unlock the diffs of the MRC using MLST2 diffs.

When all the diffs are locked its kind of rigid driving, I use the MRC mainly at home, so I would like to have a scale crawler drive style and and also can crawle.

I also have a wheely king based fj40 scale crawler where only the rear transmision is locked with 55t integy motor and tekin fxr esc, and the drive is very smooth and quiet, I would love to have a similar driving with the MRC, so it will be a good idea to oil the transmission and change the motor to somethig quieter. Will see how it will work.

If there are anybody else with different suggestions please post them here.

Thank you

------------------------------
Savage x 4.1
Mlst2
Tamiya Hotshot
MRC
joeel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2010, 08:35 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by joeel View Post
thank you all very much for the replies, (I live in Turkey in a city where no one has rc vehicles and there are no hobby shops either around so the site here will be very useful for me)

I have 2 MLST2 s, one of them I dont use but just as spare parts I will try and see if I can unlock the diffs of the MRC using MLST2 diffs.

When all the diffs are locked its kind of rigid driving, I use the MRC mainly at home, so I would like to have a scale crawler drive style and and also can crawle.

I also have a wheely king based fj40 scale crawler where only the rear transmision is locked with 55t integy motor and tekin fxr esc, and the drive is very smooth and quiet, I would love to have a similar driving with the MRC, so it will be a good idea to oil the transmission and change the motor to somethig quieter. Will see how it will work.

If there are anybody else with different suggestions please post them here.

Thank you

------------------------------
Savage x 4.1
Mlst2
Tamiya Hotshot
MRC
mini lst diffs are the same
summit700man is offline   Reply With Quote