Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial SCX10 II

Notices

Thread: Kincer's SCXTF.2 project

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-16-2021, 07:02 PM   #1
RCC Addict

Default Kincer's SCXTF.2 project

I picked this up a couple months ago from a local Facebook crawling group. It's basically a 10.2 rtr with a TF2 body, I don't know about Facebook crawler groups in other areas but around here they have no clue about center of gravity. 90% of all the rigs you see posted are lifted sky high. That was the case for this one. The best part of this one was the body, it's really weathered nice. In the last pic you'll see the tires that were on it. Yeah it was up there! I put some Club5 Racing links on it to get the wheelbase right. Put a set of TF2 stockers on it, had to order the floor boards for it so I have a place to mount esc, he had it mounted under the hood, some giant Traxxas esc, there was plenty of room though cause the body was mounted so high lol. It does have a pretty nice cantilever system in the rear and a Hitec Hs5665 servo. I have Incision steel gears for the trans. Need to order some OD/UD gears, cvds, and a few other things. I think it's headed in the right direction now.

Sent from my SM-N981U using Tapatalk
kincer is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-17-2021, 10:05 AM   #2
RCC Addict

Default Re: Kincer's SCXTF.2 project

It's a runner this morning, works really well in my rock garden for initial run. Installed a 1060 out of a HPI Venture to get it going for now, bound it to my GT3B for a radio. Installed the floor boards this morning, had to trim a bit off with my band saw then smoothed them up with the belt sander so they would fit with the body. Turning out great so far. Time for a RPP order .

Old 01-17-2021, 11:32 AM   #3
Quarry Creeper

Nice weathering on that, not over done.The dents on the other hand.. a little much imo. Can't imagine what it looked like when you got it with those tires.
Sniper4370 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2021, 11:53 AM   #4
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniper4370 View Post
Nice weathering on that, not over done.The dents on the other hand.. a little much imo. Can't imagine what it looked like when you got it with those tires.
I really wish I would have taken before pics, it was a sight I'll tell you that! It was the 12.3 wheel base but it was so high it actually lined up, still looked like crap but it lined up

Old 01-18-2021, 05:42 PM   #5
RCC Addict

So I found the pics from the Facebook ad, I was wrong on the tires but not by much lol.

Old 01-26-2021, 09:28 PM   #6
Rock Crawler

I love the cantilever shocks! I wish I would have taken the time to try that. I cut circles in my TF2 bed today for my SCXTF2 build. =\ I also need to work on getting my body down lower like yours. My stock rock sliders or whatever they are block my TF2 from going down any further right now. Your stance and wheel choice look great! Well done.
BIGW0RM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2021, 10:32 PM   #7
Slow is the new Fast

That is a very nice looking rig. The weathering really is well done. I can see why you picked it up. The Incision gears and cantilevered rear are a nice touch.

Hard to imagine the truck even has room for those tires that came on it. Agree with Bigworm on the stance. I have often thought the TF2 body looked took narrow on most chassis, its looking right on now
smog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2021, 06:24 PM   #8
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIGW0RM View Post
I love the cantilever shocks! I wish I would have taken the time to try that. I cut circles in my TF2 bed today for my SCXTF2 build. =\ I also need to work on getting my body down lower like yours. My stock rock sliders or whatever they are block my TF2 from going down any further right now. Your stance and wheel choice look great! Well done.
It's not too late, just order yourself another Marlin bed, they're pretty cheap and the cantilever setup is pretty reasonable too. Thanks for the compliment, the previous owner used body posts to mount the body so I kinda had to go with it but that also helps to get the body down low, I cut them as short as possible but if I decide to put any sliders on it i'll have to fab something up to mount them because the body is way lower than mounting location. I'm thinking I may patch up the holes in the hood and use magnets in the front.
Old 01-29-2021, 06:28 PM   #9
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by smog View Post
That is a very nice looking rig. The weathering really is well done. I can see why you picked it up. The Incision gears and cantilevered rear are a nice touch.

Hard to imagine the truck even has room for those tires that came on it. Agree with Bigworm on the stance. I have often thought the TF2 body looked took narrow on most chassis, its looking right on now
Thanks for the compliments, I've got some stuff on the way for it, so updates will be coming at some point. For what I paid for the rig the body was worth every penny, he did a great job on weathering it. I don't think I have the patience for that but who knows maybe I'll give it a try someday.

Kincer's SCXTF.2 project - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Kincer's Sawback kincer G-Made Sawback 41 03-10-2021 02:27 PM
Kincer's Gen 8 kincer Redcat Crawlers 23 10-03-2019 09:06 PM
Kincer's new Jeep kincer 1.5 Scale Rigs 30 07-10-2014 04:40 AM
Kincer's CC-01 LR3 kincer Tamiya XC/CC01 10 04-18-2013 10:51 PM