Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial SCX10 II
Loading

Notices

Thread: MIP Driveshaft issues

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-26-2021, 02:46 PM   #1
Newbie
 
Join Date: Nov 2018
Location: Staten Island
Posts: 9
Default MIP Driveshaft issues

Has anyone installed the MIP x-duty drive shafts onto a SCX10.2 builders kit? Having issues getting it to fit onto my 12.3Ē build.

The rear is too long and the front is too short. I triple checked and they are installed on the correct ends.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Beer&RC is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-26-2021, 03:22 PM   #2
I wanna be Dave
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Location: Deep in the Everglades
Posts: 5,803
Default MIP Driveshaft issues

Which transmission are you running?
10.2 used two different ones, donít know if it matters though
Hang up and Drive
mikemcE is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2021, 04:24 PM   #3
Newbie
 
Join Date: Nov 2018
Location: Staten Island
Posts: 9
Default Re: MIP Driveshaft issues

Itís the stock transmission in the builders kit, not the RTR or other kits.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Beer&RC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2021, 04:52 PM   #4
I wanna be Dave
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Location: Deep in the Everglades
Posts: 5,803
Default Re: MIP Driveshaft issues

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beer&RC View Post
Itís the stock transmission in the builders kit, not the RTR or other kits.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Normal 3 gear


Hang up and Drive
mikemcE is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2021, 06:41 PM   #5
Rock Crawler
 
Join Date: Nov 2019
Location: Erie
Posts: 511
Default Re: MIP Driveshaft issues

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikemcE View Post
Normal 3 gear


Hang up and Drive
AX10 3 gear trans in the Buildersís kit.
Maybe he ordered the one for the 2 speed trans. I put a AX10 3 gear in my UMG10 and had to change the driveshaft length (both of I recall).
King Dork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2021, 07:46 PM   #6
I wanna be Dave
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Location: Deep in the Everglades
Posts: 5,803
Default Re: MIP Driveshaft issues

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Dork View Post
AX10 3 gear trans in the Buildersís kit.
Maybe he ordered the one for the 2 speed trans. I put a AX10 3 gear in my UMG10 and had to change the driveshaft length (both of I recall).

Thatís my thoughts also.


Hang up and Drive
mikemcE is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2021, 08:40 PM   #7
Newbie
 
Join Date: Nov 2018
Location: Staten Island
Posts: 9
Default Re: MIP Driveshaft issues

Ah so then I assume this driveshaft wonít work.
I tried a few adjustments but itís just not working out.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Beer&RC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2021, 08:44 PM   #8
Rock Crawler
 
Join Date: Mar 2021
Location: Santa Barbara
Posts: 659
Default Re: MIP Driveshaft issues

The kit transmission (the long one with the transfer case) has the outputs more towards the front of the truck than a normal 3 gear. My incision driveshafts worked, but just barely. The front was completely stuffed, and the rear was barely hanging on.

I did the bow house transmission flip, and it made them fit a little better. Now the outputs are closer to the rear of the truck than the front. Essentially it's the same problem, just not as bad, and in the opposite direction. You could try that. Either way, it's an $11 upgrade that will really help move weight forward on the truck.

EDIT:

Here's the underside of my kit scx10 ii. The front driveshaft is a bit overextended. Before I did the flip, the rear was even more overextended.
Attached Images
 

Last edited by DRED805; 11-26-2021 at 09:15 PM.
DRED805 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2021, 10:11 AM   #9
Newbie
 
Join Date: Nov 2018
Location: Staten Island
Posts: 9
Default Re: MIP Driveshaft issues

Thanks for the tip. You are able to use tue bow house on the builders kit? Their site says it will not fit on the builders kit.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Beer&RC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2021, 10:30 AM   #10
Rock Crawler
 
Join Date: Mar 2021
Location: Santa Barbara
Posts: 659
Default Re: MIP Driveshaft issues

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beer&RC View Post
Thanks for the tip. You are able to use tue bow house on the builders kit? Their site says it will not fit on the builders kit.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
My bad. I thought all the 10.2 kits came with the same transmission. Apparently it's just the Cherokee and UMG10 kits. The builder's kit has the standard 3 gear trans, so you can go ahead and ignore everything I've said so far.

I'm not sure why you're having trouble with the driveshafts, then. Do you have a link to the shafts you got? Are you sure they're for the 10.2?
DRED805 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2021, 10:33 AM   #11
Newbie
 
Join Date: Nov 2018
Location: Staten Island
Posts: 9
Default Re: MIP Driveshaft issues

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRED805 View Post
My bad. I thought all the 10.2 kits came with the same transmission. Apparently it's just the Cherokee and UMG10 kits. The builder's kit has the standard 3 gear trans, so you can go ahead and ignore everything I've said so far.

I'm not sure why you're having trouble with the driveshafts, then. Do you have a link to the shafts you got? Are you sure they're for the 10.2?

https://www.miponline.com/MIP-X-Duty...-AX90046-18325

It looks like itís for the scx10.2 kits, not builders kit.

Now looking for a way to make them workÖ.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Beer&RC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2021, 11:01 AM   #12
Rock Crawler
 
Join Date: Mar 2021
Location: Santa Barbara
Posts: 659
Default Re: MIP Driveshaft issues

That's confusing as hell. It says those are designed for the "SCX10 II Kit (Forward Trans)". Now I know there are kits with both kinds of transmissions, and neither of them are "forward" without a custom modification.

I use Incision driveshafts on all my trucks where they will fit, and SSD when they're not long enough.

Get the collapsed/extended lengths of both driveshafts (pin to pin). If I can use them I'll trade you straight up for a set of new in package incision shafts that will for sure work with your truck. Just to make this headache go away... haha.
DRED805 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2021, 07:24 PM   #13
Newbie
 
Join Date: Nov 2018
Location: Staten Island
Posts: 9
Default Re: MIP Driveshaft issues

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRED805 View Post
That's confusing as hell. It says those are designed for the "SCX10 II Kit (Forward Trans)". Now I know there are kits with both kinds of transmissions, and neither of them are "forward" without a custom modification.

I use Incision driveshafts on all my trucks where they will fit, and SSD when they're not long enough.

Get the collapsed/extended lengths of both driveshafts (pin to pin). If I can use them I'll trade you straight up for a set of new in package incision shafts that will for sure work with your truck. Just to make this headache go away... haha.

If you can use them, Iíll trade


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Beer&RC is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



MIP Driveshaft issues - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
MIP Driveshaft VF Dig Issues dr.chop Axial AX-10 Scorpion 4 07-07-2008 09:05 AM
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -6. The time now is 11:22 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2023, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.
Copyright 2004-2014 RCCrawler.com