Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial SCX10 III

Notices

Thread: Stock Tire/Aftermarket Steel Rim Issue

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-25-2020, 07:29 AM   #1

Default Stock Tire/Aftermarket Steel Rim Issue

This past weekend I went to my local hobby shop and purchased a set of 1.9 black steel wagon wheels from RC4WD. So when I went to mount the stock tires that came on the 10.3 did I notice that the lip "bead" on the tire is super thin and I had a heck of a time getting them mounted without the bead pulling through when pushing the center in to tighten the lug nuts. I ended up having to trim a HUGE bevel in the center of my stock foams. Has anyone else experienced this scenario? It took hours to get them mounted and now I am worried that they will not stay mounted when I am out on the rocks. Is this a case of the stock tires really made to work with the stock rims that have a huge lip to hold the bead or should I have just bought different foams? Id this is the case, can anyone recommend what to buy?

Thanks!
John
cubalz is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-25-2020, 03:06 PM   #2
Quarry Creeper

Default Re: Stock Tire/Aftermarket Steel Rim Issue

With the blue beadlock rings you can buy from rc4wd, i was able to install pretty much any tire without issues. Including duratrax deep woods, traxxas canyon and proline tires.

I don't have a scx3, but maybe those beadlock rings will solve your problem too.

https://store.rc4wd.com/19-Proline-T...gs_p_2878.html

Gesendet von meinem TA-1004 mit Tapatalk
GrimmTheTourist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2020, 09:45 AM   #3
I wanna be Dave

I tried every method I could think of to mount my Proline Boggers onto my Rc4wd deep dish rims and had no success. I could not get the bead to stay put no matter what I did. Finally I gae up and ordered Locked Up Rc wheels and wideners...Couldn't be happier!

lonleycreeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2020, 08:53 AM   #4

lonleycreeper: I just went on Locked Up RC and I can tell right away that I am going to be poor after my first order. Their stuff is amazing. I think I am going to get a set of their wheels and wideners. Thanks for the advice!
cubalz is offline   Reply With Quote

Stock Tire/Aftermarket Steel Rim Issue - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Stock tire bead issue? jason02ws6 Element RC 1/10 Enduro Trail Truck Sendero 4 12-22-2019 03:29 AM
Stock or aftermarket steel chassis rails? MaX-D Axial SCX10 II 7 07-30-2019 12:09 PM
Came with shattered rim? In need of 1 stock rim... Smash N Bash General Crawlers 13 06-25-2006 09:07 PM