Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial Wraith

Notices

Thread: Wheels Offset: what fit what not?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-29-2011, 01:14 AM   #1
Quarry Creeper

Default Wheels Offset: what fit what not?

As title says, I would like to know how much offset (or how much backspace) the stock wheels have.
I heard that due to the XR-10 knuckles there are some issues with wheels that do not fit, that do interfere with the inner beadlock ring, especially when looking for wheels with minimal offset to keep the width as narrow as possible.
Please post what beadlock wheels you found fit or not
Thanks
rockspider is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-29-2011, 11:20 AM   #2
20K Club

The stock wheels have almost no backspacing and are pretty wide. I don't see you having many problems finding about any wheel to fit.

I am running VP SSZ's and have used both 350 and 475 offsets. With 350's I am about the same width as stock. VP 1" SLW's will clear even with the smallest hubs (225's).
Harley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2011, 12:53 PM   #3

I put on Axial rocksters, they stick out farther then the stockers. No rubbing and allow access to the c hub screws!
Whiskey Throttle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2011, 07:13 PM   #4
Rock Crawler

i went with the axial rocksters also and got more width
mar618 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2011, 07:52 PM   #5
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harley View Post
The stock wheels have almost no backspacing and are pretty wide. I don't see you having many problems finding about any wheel to fit.

I am running VP SSZ's and have used both 350 and 475 offsets. With 350's I am about the same width as stock. VP 1" SLW's will clear even with the smallest hubs (225's).

Almost no backspacing or a lot of back spacing?

If hey had no backspacing the stock AX10 wheels would give a narrower track width.
sierrajim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2011, 01:24 AM   #6
Quarry Creeper

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by sierrajim View Post
Almost no backspacing or a lot of back spacing?

If hey had no backspacing the stock AX10 wheels would give a narrower track width.

I'm still waiting mine to come, but from the many pics I see here the stock wheels are wide and have a fair amount of backspacing, I would say they look like they are close to zero offset or few mm negative.
I know I can use all kind of wide&negative offset wheels, but that's not my will.
I would like to use beadlock BUT also keep the width as narrow as possible.
If the stock wheels have the maximum backspacing allowed by the steering arms (it looks so, but they are no beadlock) then I have to search for a narrower beadlock with the same backspace, that means also the offset will result very positive (wheel inboard).
My question is if going this narrow the inner beadlock ring (thicker than stock wheel) will interfere with the steering arm or not.
VP wheels & hubs are a great product, but expensive, so I would prefer to buy the right one once instead of expensive trial and error...
Old 06-30-2011, 06:49 AM   #7
Quarry Creeper

I am getting ready to try and bolt on a set of rc4wd rockstars with TSL's,I'll post when I get them on..
docsrcrepair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2011, 07:18 AM   #8
20K Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockspider View Post

I'm still waiting mine to come, but from the many pics I see here the stock wheels are wide and have a fair amount of backspacing, I would say they look like they are close to zero offset or few mm negative.
I know I can use all kind of wide&negative offset wheels, but that's not my will.
I misspoke, I meant offset not backspace.

I have SLW's and 225 hubs at home. I can try and snap a pic of them on.
Old 06-30-2011, 07:56 AM   #9
Quarry Creeper

I'm wondering if Berg offset will just bolt up?

(cheers Harley)
sierrajim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2011, 08:09 AM   #10
20K Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by sierrajim View Post
I'm wondering if Berg offset will just bolt up?

(cheers Harley)
Depending on what the manufacturer calls Berg offset they should fit. The only clearance you are checking is the knuckles. I would suggest searching the XR10 forum for a specific wheel if you want to check.

I bolted the wheels I ran on my berg up with no problem at all (SLW and 225 hubs).
Old 07-01-2011, 02:51 AM   #11
Quarry Creeper

Hey Harley, you mean SLW 1" wide with 225 hubs? How much gap remains between rim and knuckle? Would you say it's possible to go narrower than that or not?
Thanks
Old 07-01-2011, 05:35 AM   #12
Quarry Creeper

I bolted up my rockstars and there is about 3/8" difference between the stock backspace and the rocks. It gives a little more clearance to clear the tires from the chassis ,so full lock and compressed suspension I have about 1/2" of clearance.
docsrcrepair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2011, 03:52 PM   #13
Rock Crawler

I'm in the same boat, wanting new beadlock wheels and not wanting them to be any wider. If you find something that looks good post 'em up.
terrible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2011, 11:21 PM   #14
RCC Addict

Quote:

Which do you prefer the 350 or the 475??
dubAron is offline   Reply With Quote