Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial Wraith

Notices

Thread: Fullsizerockcrawlers Wraith

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-22-2011, 06:03 PM   #1

Default Fullsizerockcrawlers Wraith

Guess this will be my build up thread....all stock right now. Have VP upper links (Out of stock on lowers) Tie rod and Drag link. Will be here Monday, but would also like to add knuckles and inner "C's" while I'm at it. I also need to decide what motor/ESC combo I want to go to....thinking hand wound HH/BRXL combo? Also want to get Savox high power servo. I also like the Idea of a Dig or I saw someone put a Summit 2-speed transmission on their Wraith which was really cool....Anyway I'll quit rambling. I have had some crappy RC crawlers so this thing is great as far as being much like my real rig as far as parts/upgrades....pretty wild all the stuff out there.

Later,

Will

Crawling my Full size rig!

Well took it out for the first time and it was freakin great....went to neighborhood playground/park. They have some playground mulch and sandy spots and this thing threw some great rooster-tails going WOT. Anyway was having a blast till this.......

Lost a screw in the top driver side knuckles, and of course I just read last night about someone tightening up their screws before their first run....lesson learned...anyway gotta find the right screw....Also I found one screw on the rear lockout that seems to be stripped from the factory.....is there a lock-tite type materail used on this plastic to keep the screws from vibrating loose????

Will

Last edited by fullsizerockcrawler; 07-23-2011 at 08:48 AM. Reason: Update on Rig
fullsizerockcrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-22-2011, 06:49 PM   #2
Quarry Creeper

sounds a lot lke my build....I think this is gonna be the recepie for the Wraiths for a while...might want to pick up some MIPs before the new powerplant tho...
whiplash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2011, 08:36 PM   #3

Yep, Planned on that but gotta keep not too crazy buying upgrades...or I'll end up sleeping on the couch!
Old 07-23-2011, 08:50 AM   #4

Updated Thread....Broke down already!
Old 07-23-2011, 01:08 PM   #5
Pebble Pounder

Pics?
Rockatanski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2011, 03:11 PM   #6

Pics are at the top of the thread....
Old 07-23-2011, 03:46 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by fullsizerockcrawler View Post
there a lock-tite type materail used on this plastic to keep the screws from vibrating loose????
I just use a little bit of CA glue or similar glue on screws going into plastic, that seems to work well.
daileyt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2011, 03:51 PM   #8

Cool, thanks....
Old 07-23-2011, 05:09 PM   #9

No problem, another thing I was thinking might work would be red strength loctite, but I've never tried that
daileyt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2011, 07:56 PM   #10
Pebble Pounder

Loctite eats plastic.
somedude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2011, 11:34 PM   #11
Rock Crawler

Just use a fine thread 3mm (NOT COARSE THREADS!) and you will be set. If you tighten it tight it wont back off. (My wraith had the ball joint screws loosen after like? 6 or 7 battery packs of beaten on?) I ALWAYS switch my trucks to Non course threads. They dont back out! NOTE ! Even though you are stripping fine threads in a course threaded hole it does work! Dont use locktite! Ive got the vanquish rods all around. Stock speed control holmes hobbies 20 turn,stock gearing robinson racing gears Its awesome its all you need.

Last edited by im gunna crawl; 07-23-2011 at 11:42 PM. Reason: add more
im gunna crawl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2011, 05:16 PM   #12

Thumbs down

Home today finally with some time to play...been out for a month on and off with work....

Got to thrash this thing for a good hour or so, had a nice dirt pile to jump it off of....and generally go fast. The only complaint was I lost a screw again in the knuckles not once....but three different times....so I am definitely getting the VP Knuckles and inner "c"s....till then I will do as suggested and use some CA glue to keep the screws from backing out.

Pic:
Old 08-12-2011, 05:25 PM   #13

BTW, don't get me wrong....other than the annoyance of those screws coming out I had a blast ripping around the neighborhood with this thing tonight!
Old 08-13-2011, 09:57 AM   #14

Alright tired of effin around....ordered VP Wraith knuckles and VP inner C's and 2 sets of RC4wd XVD axles.....hmmm why 2 sets?????? lol
Old 09-03-2011, 08:19 AM   #15

Alright, finally had time this long weekend after the Big Hurricane last weekend to work on the Wraith...Tore down the front axle to instal RC4WD XVD's and VP Knuckles and Chubs....Also flipped the front and rear axle side link mounts....considerable ride height difference....lower links are almost parallel with the chassis now which makes it much better overall. Couple items of note concerning the parts from a Noob...Instructions would be nice...Also I think for the price of the VP products it would be nice if they included the screws hardware to install....had to buy a complete Wraith screw kit off Ebay from RCscrews...anyway I'm good now after several times of mounting various parts up, torquing them down only to realize they were on wrong and having to tear it all apart again and redo it....lol, one of those "Doh!" moments...on to picks, nothing new here just thought I'd throw it out there....

Will

Old 09-04-2011, 06:35 AM   #16

This is a better shot of what the flipped link mounts do, pretty significant getting a lower COG....