Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial Wraith

Notices

Thread: My Reeper build (lotsa pics)

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-29-2011, 11:30 AM   #1
Pebble Pounder

Default My Reeper build (lotsa pics)

I got a Wraith a few weeks ago and this is what i have done to it. Came out of the box and stock running gear was ripped out. I dropped in a Castle sct pro system 2400. It was awesome on the fast side but with the 4 pole motor it cogged way too much for slow stuff, even with 40c batteries. So out it came and a old Mamba max that has been waterproofed with plastidip and a titan 21t geared for a little slower at 87/21 but it still has good speed on 3s. In went a Hitec 7955tg and waterproofed ccbec and Vanquish titanium steering links. I am starting to switch out the links and i went with 98mm on the lowers and used short ball end for the rear to keep the driveline above the links and long ballend for the front to clock the servo from hitting the chasis. I have 30* 101mm bent uppers on the the way, VQ titanium stuff is a little out of reach at the moment but maybe later. I had a set of proline titus wheels and got some PL super swampers for them and weighted them 8oz in each front and 6oz in each rear. The titus's are a little wider than stock but with the high COG on this kit it helps greatly. Next up will be some rc4wd xvd's and steel punisher drivelines when they come into stock and VQ diff covers. Once i get the kit in top running condition ill focus on the looks with some new body panels, driver and passenger along with some accesories.

omenwolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-31-2011, 09:14 AM   #2
Pebble Pounder

So I got some 30* bent 101mm links for the upper(Woohoo all the squishy stuff is gone now) and put them on and it clocked my axles so that my servo hits the chasis. So i added a 6mm spacer to the lower front links and it was still hitting the chasis. I didnt want to add any more as it would clock the front driveline down too far for my liking. So i busted out the trusty dremmel and ground down the servo horn and counter sunk the screw so its perfect. I am now at 14.25 inch wheelbase with these links.
A friend also just got a scaler and i gave him a bunch of stuff some 1.9 wheels and tires the stock wraith esc and a HD tranny locker not expecting anything in return and i was telling him about our mod bash coming up and he was like i have a Trx 3500 bl motor you can have. I was stoked that motor will be in the wraith for foffing!!!

Old 08-01-2011, 10:56 PM   #3
Pebble Pounder

So i let a friend drive it at the hobby shop with the high speed rover tires i have with no weight.
I have the slipper a half a turn out from locked and he twizzlered my rear diveline, no big deal the kit comes with extras.I The problem lies with the hollow drivelines. So why not fill them...so i did with a steel 7/32 rod thats $2 at any local hobby and some ca glue. I cut them down to leave a little room between the screw head inside the driveline just incase i have to cut them off to replace. we will see how it goes.

Old 08-01-2011, 11:24 PM   #4

What a awsome idea!!! I'll have to try that with mine.
dwdodgelover is offline   Reply With Quote