Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial Wraith

Notices

Thread: axle question

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-30-2011, 08:29 PM   #1
RCC Addict

Question axle question

im fixing to order everything i need to have a set of wraith axles..ive done some research and to my understanding..the locker and the bearings are the same as the ax/scx axles..is this correct and will the no slop locker in the vendor section work with these..im guessing if the locker is the same as the ax/scx it will...thanks guys..and i really wish i'd bought that 300$ wraith in the for sale section the other day..i forgot who had it..but i hesitated and bammmm it was gone of course..lol thanks for the help guys
j-bird is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-30-2011, 11:13 PM   #2
Rock Crawler

I just took my rear axle apart to relube it in my wraith. I found my rear driveshaft twisted. It comes with a spare so i could repair it. Ive got a Holmes hobbys 20 turn hand wound, stock gearing.
The housings are wraith specific. The axles are wraith specific.
The ring and pinions are the same, with the exception of THE PINION ( it has a through hole in the pinion to hold the screw, to hold tension on the driveshaft axa175) It looks like the screws that hold the bumper to the honcho (and the dingo) but its shorter by 2 mm.
The bearings are all the same scx10/ax10 parts.
The lockers and carrier for the locker is the same.
The hubs and knuckles are wraith/xr10 parts.
It uses stock scx10/ax10 pins for the hubs ax30163.
The hubs stock are ax10 aluminum hubs axa180.
The only thing in question which ring and pinion? Axials 3 different hop up ring and pinion sets? Cause you would gunna be using an ax10/scx10 trans. The hole in the pinion wouldnt matter to you anyways? You could also save costs and use the stock ax10/scx10 ring and pinion? Just some thoughts.
im gunna crawl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2011, 11:36 PM   #3
RCC Addict

Awesome thanks a million man.. I plan on buying the rc4wd front axle shafts with better turning radius.. But I've been searching and can't seem to find any beefed rear str8 axles and then u just said u twisted one so surely someone is making a beefed rear? Do you know of anyone... And yes I'm gonna use my ax/scx tranny and punished driveshafts with my over/under gears I just want the track width and ocp look.. And I didnt want to spend a butt load of cash on the xr/longer beef toob conversion when I basically could just buy the wraith axle cases and wraith c's/chubs ... Thanks you answered my question completely and that's just what I wanted to hear... Time to holler at Cory maybe with rpp I can get them by Wednesday

J-bird
Old 07-30-2011, 11:57 PM   #4
RCC Addict

I was just looking at the instuctions on axial.com on putting the axles together and seen where they wanted u to put threadlock on the ends of the axle shafts why is that are they threaded into the locker if so I don't think the ax/scx locker carrier will work... Am I totally wrong or what ?? Thanks in advance

J-bird
Old 07-31-2011, 12:03 AM   #5
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by im gunna crawl View Post
I just took my rear axle apart to relube it in my wraith. I found my rear driveshaft twisted. It comes with a spare so i could repair it. Ive got a Holmes hobbys 20 turn hand wound, stock gearing.
i am running a HH 20t as well and i twisted off all the shafts that came with mine, you might start looking at MIP ax-10 drive shafts.
2500hdon37s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2011, 09:22 AM   #6
Rock Crawler

My rear driveshaft twisted on the wraith (the male splined portion). Still worked fine.
Dont know why the tell you to use locktite there? It doesnt make sense???? I just put grease on the ends of my axles when i put them in the tubes and they seem to work fine. Cause when you abuse/use your scx/ax/wraith its gunna waller out he locker to some degree w/use.
Whatever locker or center section would work if it fits ax10/scx10.
im gunna crawl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2011, 08:36 PM   #7
RCC Addict

I don't mean putting locktite on the driveshafts I mean the str8 axle that goes into the locker thats what the Instructions showed on axial.com ... I'm not sure about the front and the dogbones I'll have to look but I seen it on the rear and the str8 axle shaft

J-bird