Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial Wraith

Notices

Thread: Wraith Speed Problems!!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-27-2011, 09:06 PM   #1
Rock Crawler

Default Wraith Speed Problems!!

I was all excited to throw a HH Crawlmaster Pro 15T in to my wraith. At the same time I also added a Hitec 7955. I'm running the stock esc (too lazy to solder up the BR-XL), and I controlling things with a 3PMX.

After I threw things together I threw in a 2s Battery and my zippy little wraith turned in to grandpas heading to church DeVille.

I then tore it back down checked all the connections, threw the ESC back on the Link to check settings, double checked the gear mesh, and checked both axles for any type of binding.

The only thing I'm thinking is that the ESC isn't providing enough power for the servo and is slowing the whole system??

At this point my rig is running about 30-35 percent slower with a lower turn motor...

The battery is the same battery I had been running previously and performed well, I also threw in a two other batteries with the same result.
WarTrader is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-27-2011, 09:17 PM   #2
RCC Addict

No BEC? I think the AE2 has a 5.0V BEC and running a HS-7955TG may well be chocking your down. I am running a Holmes 35T hand wound with a BR-XL and CC BEC on 4S and it is quick.
neillarson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2011, 10:17 PM   #3
Rock Stacker

The stock ESC has a 19t motor limit.
paulwf150 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2011, 04:49 AM   #4
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by neillarson View Post
No BEC? I think the AE2 has a 5.0V BEC and running a HS-7955TG may well be chocking your down. I am running a Holmes 35T hand wound with a BR-XL and CC BEC on 4S and it is quick.
Quote:
Originally Posted by paulwf150 View Post
The stock ESC has a 19t motor limit.
Thanks for the feedback guys. I was pretty sure it was the ESC being asked more than it had to give..

I guess I'll be getting out that soldering Iron today and going to work. I have a CC BEC and a waterproof BRXL sitting on the work bench. I was just hoping to hold off swapping it all out till I got ready to move the battery to the firewall and move the electronics out back. I have lots of plans for this truck... I do have to say that while I enjoy wrenching on it as much as my bergs, I like driving this thing a lot more than spinning wrenches on it LOL...
Old 08-28-2011, 06:10 AM   #5
RCC Addict

When you get it set up, you should join us for our 2.2 based G6, sometime in October. It will be in Bloomingdale, on Rosedale Rd just off of IL 20. Some great trails.
neillarson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2011, 03:24 PM   #6
Rock Crawler

I may do that sounds like fun. I'm having a blast with this thing. I have a bunch of scaleish stuff going this week and I'm shifting around my Electronics. I wanna get it back together for next weekend I'd like to get it out for some fun around the house here.
Old 08-28-2011, 03:40 PM   #7
Keep it real

A 15 turn crawlmaster would be about the same kv as a regular 30 turn motor hence the loss in wheelspeed compared to the stock 20 turn motor.
Tanis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2011, 05:45 PM   #8
Pebble Pounder

The 15T TorqueMaster would have been what you were looking for. I think the 20T TorqueMaster is quicker than the stock 20T. It'd be nice it someone could confirm this.
Coops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2011, 11:38 PM   #9
RCC Addict

hh 21t torque master is real dam close with a lot more torque
VP Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2011, 07:09 AM   #10
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by neillarson View Post
When you get it set up, you should join us for our 2.2 based G6, sometime in October. It will be in Bloomingdale, on Rosedale Rd just off of IL 20. Some great trails.
join us for sure , we had a great turnout yesterday and a good time was had by all.
crawlhog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2011, 09:25 AM   #11
20K Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanis View Post
A 15 turn crawlmaster would be about the same kv as a regular 30 turn motor hence the loss in wheelspeed compared to the stock 20 turn motor.
Like Tanis said, a 15t will be slower than the stock motor.

The Crawlmasters are a 5 pole motor as opposed to the stock 3 pole. Therefore you do not count the winds the same. I am running a 13t Crawlmaster on 3s which is about the same as the stock 20t on 2s.
Harley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2011, 10:41 AM   #12
RCC Addict

dont mean to jack the thread...but harley im running a tm 19t how does that stand up to the stock..i know its got more torque but what about the speed..ive ran it in my 2.2 eb and its wicked ..also the comm has been cut a little..just because i eat it up a lil in the water..so i had to have it cut..please help me with this..thanks wraith man
j-bird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2011, 10:59 AM   #13
20K Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by j-bird View Post
dont mean to jack the thread...but harley im running a tm 19t how does that stand up to the stock..i know its got more torque but what about the speed..ive ran it in my 2.2 eb and its wicked ..also the comm has been cut a little..just because i eat it up a lil in the water..so i had to have it cut..please help me with this..thanks wraith man
That motor should be faster than stock. It's just not a great idea to run that fast of a motor when it will see binds in the rocks. More likely to burn it up.
Harley is offline   Reply With Quote