Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial Wraith

Notices

Thread: The aftermath, somethings wrong

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-02-2011, 09:23 PM   #1
Pebble Pounder

Default The aftermath, somethings wrong

Just took my wraith out for a pic sesh and I think something happened while climbing. I turn on the wraithand it does the first group of beeps then it goes to straight beeping. Sometime it will register and when it does the servo twitches and the throttle is delayed. The steering won't work. I'm thinking that either the servo or ESC is busted.
BrainDead is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-03-2011, 12:12 AM   #2
Quarry Creeper

There has been A LOT of this type thing going on....
WAY too much. But on a good note, Axial will make it right.

I have my sample coming Tuesday and can only pray I
don't have issues like this, but I have in the past with Axial electronics.

Might be the radio BD, but I have had two ESC's go bad running in spec too after only a few runs, and I doubt the servo is causing it.

Sometimes its the simplest of things tho,
did you try to pull out all the connectors and re-insert them to see
if the contats are ok?

Maybe re-bind the radio after that and do the ESC setup process again?

I can't spell to save my life, but there's that electrollisis(sic) thing that happens any time you put
two metals together. They are supposed to be different metals to have the greatest effects, (like a battery)
but with the china-cheap alloys used to build these rtr radios, and the idea they are shipped
over salt water seas makes me wonder if its causing issues like this??

Last edited by cogfounder; 09-03-2011 at 03:04 AM.
cogfounder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2011, 09:44 AM   #3
RCC Addict

My connectors were barely even in my rx when I got mine. I bumped a wire and one of them fell came out. i was taking it apart to go through everything since people seem to be having issues with stuff not being tight or it just falling out.
craddock35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2011, 10:13 AM   #4
Quarry Creeper

i had this issue after i put in a new motor and servo. i just unplugged everything, then re-assembled it. its been fine since.
bmf24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2011, 12:15 PM   #5
Pebble Pounder

That's not the problem. That's happened to me and I've unplugged and replugged and got it running. Its something else this time. After unplugging and replugging its still acting up. When I plugged my winch into the RX it randomly started pulling and un spooling. So something it messed. Either the RX or the ESC
BrainDead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2011, 06:59 PM   #6
Rock Crawler

so you are using a winch with the axial radio and receiver? i thought they was only 2 channel? but anyways your servo could very well be the issue unplug the servo and see if the esc runs correctly and if you don't mind could you post a pic of the winch mounted on the wraith ive seen ur gravedigger thread and it by far is the best imo but anyway good luck with your electronics
XxRockStar199xX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2011, 07:06 PM   #7
Quarry Creeper

another good point, when i upgraded my steering servo, the esc would cut out, then it wouldnt turn on. after i put in the cc bec that problem went away. i am wondering if i damaged the esc bu running the high power servo.
bmf24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2011, 08:28 AM   #8
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrainDead View Post
Just took my wraith out for a pic sesh and I think something happened while climbing. I turn on the wraithand it does the first group of beeps then it goes to straight beeping. Sometime it will register and when it does the servo twitches and the throttle is delayed. The steering won't work. I'm thinking that either the servo or ESC is busted.

Hmm, was about to start a thread when I read this. I just got my Wraith last night and after doing all the tightening of bolts and checking connections I ran it for a bit indoors last night. It was perfect. Today, when I went to the trails, it ran well for about 10 mins, then the same thing happened. The throttle gets delayed when i full the throttle. I found out after checking that power gets cut after a while. I'm hoping it's only my battery and the lipo cut off on the esc is doing this. This on a new non upgraded stock wraith. Hope you find out what's wrong with yours. I'll try the battery theory tomorrow.
Jeykito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2011, 10:30 AM   #9
RCC Addict

What batteries are you guys running? On 2s I had no problems only acted up on 3s for me. I only have 2 2s pacs so I switched over to my Mamba Max and no problems now, oh yeah the 7955 also

Still running the stock radio and receiver and no issues with it, will swap it out when I get tired of the chassis and swap everything on to the Boyer tuber

Last edited by halfcab; 09-04-2011 at 10:33 AM.
halfcab is offline   Reply With Quote