Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial Wraith

Notices

Thread: new vanquish tie rod and drag link

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-19-2011, 06:02 PM   #1

Default new vanquish tie rod and drag link

got my new stuff in the mail and on my wraith today. I installed the vanquish tie rod and drag link, I hit a snag when I had to find a longer screw to go through the knuckle arm to fit through the tie rod and drag link ends. That screw should probably be included since the stock one cant be reused *hint vanquish* but luckily I had one in tool box that worked and got to try it out today. If i hadn't have hung on to every piece of spare hardware I come across I would have been putting all the stock stuff back on to go wheeling.

First impressions - Good looking, well made, and make it easier to crawl obstacles because the tires actually stay pointed where I want them to.
bighemitex is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-19-2011, 07:16 PM   #2
On the lookout for Rocks

Most everybody in this hobby should have a good assortment of screws handy for this reason. Aftermarket purchases aren't always going to have everything ready to bolt on.
constantmotion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2011, 08:23 PM   #3
I joined the Band!

hint noted
tom@vp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2011, 10:21 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by tom@vp View Post
hint noted
It's good to see that you pay attention to thus stuff. I made the same comment to a VP customer service rep when I purchased my link and tie rod a month ago. I had to go buy a bolt that would fit the m3 threads since I'm new to RC and don't have a pile of spare hardware for times like these. I would have paid another $0.50 for the convenience of getting a bolt included with the tie rod.
sasquatch420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2011, 11:50 PM   #5

So for those of us with these parts on order... What are the specs on the little screw we will need to source else where?
serveapurpose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2011, 09:19 AM   #6
XDR
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by serveapurpose View Post
So for those of us with these parts on order... What are the specs on the little screw we will need to source else where?
x2!
XDR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2011, 09:45 AM   #7
I joined the Band!

3mm x 20
tom@vp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2011, 06:49 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by tom@vp View Post
hint noted
thanks for listening Tom.

I'm really digging the steering components

I'm thinking about ordering some upper and lower(broke a stock lower clearing an obstacle today) links but my wallet is fighting me
Old 09-21-2011, 08:50 PM   #9

Thank you Tom! Just one of the reasons I buy Vanquish products excellent customer service.
serveapurpose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2011, 04:58 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by serveapurpose View Post
Thank you Tom! Just one of the reasons I buy Vanquish products excellent customer service.
I am liking my experiences with Vanquish, I didn't order upper links yet but I did a full lower set and hopefully they will be here tomorrow or Saturday. It's killing me to see my Wraith just sitting there all broken.

Tom, how tough are these links? Any chance I can break these too? Because I'm certainly going to try
Old 10-09-2011, 09:37 AM   #11

I picked up a tie rod and drag link. the website says "Direct replacement to fit stock and VP Wraith steering arms" but after installation I found the tie rod hits the diff cover long before it reached full lock. guess the R&D department had an off day when the designed this? if it needs other parts to work properly they should warn a person before they purchase these parts.
fixy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2011, 09:59 AM   #12
Rock Stacker

its been brought up a few times. You are absolutly right. I was quickly disappointed in the result as well.
IV WHLN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2011, 04:07 PM   #13
Pebble Pounder

I got my tie rod ftrom vanquish a few days ago and was pleased to see the neccesary screw now comes packaged with it. Vanquish is great at keeping custumers happy and their service is the reason i keep going back to them.
BCkoots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2011, 10:04 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by BCkoots View Post
I got my tie rod ftrom vanquish a few days ago and was pleased to see the neccesary screw now comes packaged with it. Vanquish is great at keeping custumers happy and their service is the reason i keep going back to them.
That is good to hear. I appreciate that they heard the feedback and made the simple fix to make it easier on the customers. I guess this is why Vanquish has such a great reputation!
sasquatch420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2011, 10:25 PM   #15
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by bighemitex View Post
I am liking my experiences with Vanquish, I didn't order upper links yet but I did a full lower set and hopefully they will be here tomorrow or Saturday. It's killing me to see my Wraith just sitting there all broken.

Tom, how tough are these links? Any chance I can break these too? Because I'm certainly going to try
Break I titanium link? Are your planning on backing over your Wraith with a semi? You may need some revo ball ends. Your local hobby store should have a bag of 8 or so for a couple bucks.
RustenPaines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2011, 05:42 AM   #16
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by RustenPaines View Post
Break I titanium link? Are your planning on backing over your Wraith with a semi? You may need some revo ball ends. Your local hobby store should have a bag of 8 or so for a couple bucks.
The links come with traxxas revo rod ends.
salmonfacesalad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2011, 08:58 AM   #17

I got in touch with Vanquish about the fitment issue (tie rod hitting the diff cover before full steering lock). they told me they have a new part and asked me to send the old one back to them. it's kind of a pain but at least they fixed the problem. waiting for the new one now.
fixy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2011, 10:51 AM   #18
XDR
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by fixy View Post
I got in touch with Vanquish about the fitment issue (tie rod hitting the diff cover before full steering lock). they told me they have a new part and asked me to send the old one back to them. it's kind of a pain but at least they fixed the problem. waiting for the new one now.
huh.. I wonder how new that design is, because I just got one within the last two weeks and it hits the cover.
Old 10-14-2011, 11:14 AM   #19
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by fixy View Post
Mine hits the cover also. I took the dremel to my cover to help some but didn't want to do it to much and go through the cover. I ended up just turning my end points down so it just bumps it. I didn't know there was a updated part for it except for the arms on the knuckles. Maybe VP will chime in and let us know.
craddock35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2011, 11:16 AM   #20
XDR
Pebble Pounder

just looked on their site and its posted there. hopefully they'll offer free replacements like they did on the knuckles. i'd hate to have ordered from one of their re-salers and get the old version when they had released the new.