Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial Wraith

Notices

Thread: external bec?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-23-2011, 10:31 AM   #1
Rock Crawler

Default external bec?

ok, i'm new and stupid! i added a CC bec to my wraith. wired it exactly like the instructions said. when i hook up the battery, the lights come on and i have power to the servo, NO power to esc/motor. when i turn the esc power switch on, everything works as normal. i'm running a spektrum reciever that came with my dx3c. i have the bec plugged into the AUX port on the reciever. is this normal, or do i have a wire crossed somewhere? i've looked over the wires several times and they seem right.
hoghead5150 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-23-2011, 11:01 AM   #2
Master Rocksmith...

did you remove the red wire from the ESC plug that goes to channel 2 on your receiver(see below)? and also, i use the bind/battery port for my bec's usually cause my aux. is controlling a winch or something. hope this helps...

FlightInstrukta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2011, 11:48 AM   #3
XDR
Pebble Pounder

also make sure that the plug is not backwards into the rx, i did that on accident and had similar results.. had power to lights but nothing else would work.
XDR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2011, 03:54 PM   #4
Rock Crawler

yes i removed th red wire/pin from the esc to the reciever. everything works as it should, just the lights work and the steering servo works WITH the power switch set to OFF. once i turn the power switch to ON the motor and esc work as normal.

i'll try swapping the plugs around. move the lights to the AUX port, and the bec to the BIND port.
hoghead5150 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2011, 05:05 PM   #5
Quarry Creeper

thats what mine did. the switch goes to the esc, and now with the bec your not using the esc to power the reciver box.
you can add another switch or run the esc and bec switch in a series thru the existing switch.
bmf24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2011, 06:42 PM   #6
20K Club

That's normal. The power for the BEC doesn't go through any switch. You MUST unplug your battery.
Harley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2011, 06:52 PM   #7
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harley View Post
That's normal. The power for the BEC doesn't go through any switch. You MUST unplug your battery.
or you can put another switch on just to control the bec as it has constant power unless it is uplugged as said above .......
scorpion_ax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2011, 07:01 PM   #8
20K Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorpion_ax View Post
or you can put another switch on just to control the bec as it has constant power unless it is uplugged as said above .......
When using LiPO's you should always unplug the pack instead of just using on/off switches. It can damage your packs to leave them plugged in over long periods.
Harley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2011, 07:31 PM   #9
cherry bomb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harley View Post
When using LiPO's you should always unplug the pack instead of just using on/off switches. It can damage your packs to leave them plugged in over long periods.
X2, having no switches installed is a sure fire way to make sure you always unplug your lipos when your done.

switches are for noobs, i've seen races lost cause of switches failing, people need to remove them ASAP in my opinion, i'm tired if hearing "IT'S THE POWER SWITCH" when somones car dies, do something about it, its not the marshals duty to wiggle your switch till your car fires back up /rant

(unless you have no choice traxxas VXL for example)
fred0000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 12:49 AM   #10

Default Re: external bec?

can i splice the power and ground directly into the servo and leave the signal pluged into the reciver
farrell93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 04:34 AM   #11
Quarry Creeper

I use a Y lead to power my servo from my BEC, with the red wire from the plug on this into the RX pulled. The ESC still powers the RX and everything else.

I always unplug every time.
Tonysmini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 10:40 AM   #12
I wanna be Dave

Only thing I would use a switch for is the lights!
ZippoMan is offline   Reply With Quote