Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial Wraith

Notices

Thread: Wraith kit cost

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-09-2011, 11:21 AM   #1

Default Wraith kit cost

hey all,

I am going to be getting a wraith here very shortly and i havent owned an RC in a couple years. Just wondering how much you think it would cost me to build an entire kit with electronics and everything? I literally have nothing RC.

Or, do you think it would be better for me to just get the RTR and upgrade? Thanks!
lamar2626 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-09-2011, 12:33 PM   #2
Quarry Creeper

if your like me (custom built crawler rig) go kit. if you wanna just have fun got RTR.

I have just under $1000 into my wraith. a rtr with battery and charger is gonna be about 500.

traxxas 2.4 $100
hightech 7954sh $115
tires and rims with weight $100
Novak Goat 2s $200
Battery $100
Charger already had, but $100
kit 339.99

total with taxes $1075.... huh thought i hadnt passed the $1,000 mark.. lol

Last edited by OntarioCrawler; 11-09-2011 at 12:36 PM.
OntarioCrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2011, 12:47 PM   #3
Rock Crawler

Id recommend a RTR Wraith.. The price right now is not big enough to justify losing the 2.4 Ghz Radio and Reciever, The fairly good quality ESC and the 20t motor. AND the LED's 6 of them. Plus its all put together and Ready to drive. You can make links from Brakeline and 4mm threaded rod with Revo Rod ends.. I used my old AX10 links I had made years ago. Same Length

The only things a kit gives is r35 compound tires. Aluminum lower links, Front CVD axles and Black interior. Like I say. Links can be had fairly cheap, If your not Crawling I see no need for the little extra steering angle of the CVD's, The Wraith will slide around anyway with some throttle input. , You can paint your seats.. Tires are nice but you can get em later. And if you like the assembly part of a Kit.. Take your RTR apart and put it back together

Its worth a lot to be able to drive your new truck right away, especially since your new to RC and probably don't have a stable full of trucks to run while you wait for components to arrive in the mail.
madkawi650 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2011, 01:16 PM   #4

So with the RTR kit you still need to get a battery and charger on the side? If so, recommendations?
lamar2626 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2011, 02:06 PM   #5
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamar2626 View Post
So with the RTR kit you still need to get a battery and charger on the side? If so, recommendations?
For simplicity, You could start with some 7-cell 3amp NimH and a cheap charger. Tower, hobbyking etc. have some affordable combo's
If You got about $150.- to burn on a battery and charger, You could go for a cheaper LiPo, say 4 amp. And a LiPo charger with built-in 110v/220v, and still have some money left for a 87 t spur.( my advise to keep the stock motor from going all smokey& stinky )
Jay-Em is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2011, 04:42 PM   #6
Quarry Creeper

kit wriath give you axial links, black rims, black interior, soft springs, universals that wont wear flat and are 10x stronger, the ability to customize your paint, and i think its much more fun. i feel you take more care of something if you build it, where as 500 on debit for a rtr, your just gonna beat on it. but for the $$$, get a rtr.
OntarioCrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2011, 05:04 PM   #7
Rock Crawler

depends on how much money you have to spend. if you have $600 then go rtr with lipo's and charger. figure $350 (rtr), $100 (charger), $100 (batteries). thats $550 + tax.

if you have a grand go with kit. you can get good motor/esc combos for $150-$250. add kit $340, charger $100, batteries $100, and something like a spektrum dx3c (what i got!) $125. that puts you a little over $900+tax.

basically kit means spend now, rtr means finance over period of time.

only problem is i've had mine for a couple months and have upgraded pretty much everything!! it's addictive.
hoghead5150 is offline   Reply With Quote