Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial Wraith

Notices

Thread: kit wheel question.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-09-2011, 12:09 PM   #1
Rock Crawler

Default kit wheel question.

so i got my new Wraith, and first glance and feel, with out batteries (yet to fit deans) i love it. surprised at the size, which is a nice surprise as as much as im into my Honcho, its not quite big enoiugh !
anyways, i will be primarily using my Wraith for dirty muddy trails, and my big question is
do you guys block off the holes in your wheels ?

also are emaxx springs softer than the rtr Wraiths springs ?
thanks in advance
crazee horse is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-09-2011, 12:32 PM   #2
Quarry Creeper

yes block them off. if the foams get wet the dont do their job. get MT2 nitro buggy springs. i use them for crawling. IMHO they are better then the "golds"
OntarioCrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2011, 02:01 PM   #3
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by OntarioCrawler View Post
yes block them off. if the foams get wet the dont do their job. get MT2 nitro buggy springs. i use them for crawling. IMHO they are better then the "golds"
cheers bud
just soldered on my deans, and had a quick play, (cant stay up to late, its 9pm here and have to be up for work at 5.30)
yeah its not to clever on corners, but no big deal, the speed is ok for the minute, will be seeking a little more later, my biggest surprise is how grippy the rtr tires are, wow, im pretty amazed how everyone has said they are"nt that great. definatley keepers. overall im impressed with the truck, just need to read the above wraith guide..........................

Last edited by crazee horse; 11-09-2011 at 02:05 PM.
Old 11-10-2011, 12:42 PM   #4
Rock Crawler

when you guys say flip the rear links, do you mean the ones on the axle? cause thats what i did, i also put both front and rear shocks on the inner most holes. have a quarter plus droop.
amazed how tight a turnigy hard pack is to squeeze in, absolute pig to change. ok axial do great things but for accessability oh no................