Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial Wraith

Notices

Thread: blacrubi's KOH Inspired Wraith

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-09-2011, 04:40 PM   #1
Rock Stacker

Default blacrubi's KOH Inspired Wraith

Haven't been around rc for long, but have been around 1:1 crawling for 10 years. After messin around with a buddy's drawer i knew i had to have one. His venom was fun to crawl with but was painfully slow so i knew i wanted something faster.

I found the wraith online and began reading up about them and decided that this is the one i wanted. I have a jeep wrangler 1:1 on 1 tons and 40" swampers so this build is going to look very similar aesthetically to my jeep but have KOH inspired styling and parts.

I started with the rtr because this is my first rc build and i wanted to be able to run it as soon as i got it and upgrade from there kind of like with my real jeep. Heres a pic out of the box same as them all:

i quickly learned that some things need to be replaced. 10 mins into my first pack i broke one of the front c-hubs. no fun at all so i placed an order to ittybitty here on the board at East Coast RC, ecrchobbies, RC Rock Crawlers. for a set of the vanquish c-hubs and knuckles. got them a couple days later and haven't had any problems since.

well then came time to replace the suspension and steering links so again ittybitty got an order for vanquish ti links and tie-rod/drag link kit and also grabbed a set of the axial universals as well. Once all that was in stalled i quickly plugged in the battery and went for a very short trip. as i was crawling some fairly sizable rocks the motor began to lose response and the poof white smoke everywhere.

So thats where it sits as of now with a list of parts on the way and a total rebuild.

Parts List
-Dynamic Concepts Rubi Body
-Tekin Pro4 3300kV
-Castle MMP
-32P Novak 15T Pinon Gear
-32P Kimbrough 60T Spur Gear
-Robinson Racing Idler Gear
-Robinson Racing Final Gear
-MIP Driveshafts w/ Traxxas Pins
-Vanquish Suspension Links
-Vanquish Steering Links
-Vanquish C-hubs
-Vanquish Knuckles
-Vanquish CMS and Panhard
-Axial Universals
-Vanquish SLW V1's w/ 475 Hubs
-Proline 2.2 TSL's
-Hot Racing Lockers
-Level3 RC Droop Kit Rear
-Proline Powerstroke Shocks
-Futaba BLS157HV Servo
-CC BEC
-Sky Lipo 4000mah 3s
-Venom 5000mah 2s
-Deans Plugs all around

More pics to come!

Last edited by blacrubi; 04-15-2012 at 10:38 PM.
blacrubi is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-09-2011, 04:46 PM   #2
Quarry Creeper

thats the only reason i went kit. i knew as soon as i got it id rip out everything it had stock. Good looking truck! im waiting for my Chubs to break. have run it through 10 packs with no problems.
OntarioCrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2011, 05:18 PM   #3
Rock Stacker

yea the ole flip yourself back over trick did mine in so mostly operator error not overly weak parts.
Old 11-16-2011, 01:16 PM   #4
Rock Stacker

Well got the pro4 and mmp in the mail couple days ago everything is wired up. The robinson racing trans gears are in stalled and the trans is back in the truck. just waiting on activepowersports to send the pinion and spur and should be up and running again.

also got some new color on the rig that i think looks pretty good but you'll have to wait for pics until i get everything buttoned back up. can't wait to run the new brushless system, should be wicked.
Old 04-13-2012, 03:18 PM   #5
Rock Stacker

Default Re: blacrubi's KOH Inspired Wraith

its been a while since I've updated this, I've added a lot of parts to the wraith since my last post. mainly i got the dynamic concepts rubi body and it looks sweet. also I've added hot racing lockers to the front and rear diffs. i broke my hitec 7954sh servo a couple weeks ago and have since ordered a 7980th which will be here monday along with a new bumper and bumper supports. ill have some pics up later today and i hope to have it at the south carolina off road festival in a couple of weeks.