Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial Wraith

Notices

Thread: TopCad parts for wraith, need advice ???

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-10-2011, 11:26 AM   #1

Question TopCad parts for wraith, need advice ???

was doing some searching on a few parts to see what was out there and stumbled across asiatees.com, some kinda hobby website. Never have heard of it before or the topcad parts so i was wondering if anyone has had any experience with these. Their parts are really cheap in price like a set of upper and lower aluminum links for $28.50. For their low prices it seems like the stuff could just be too good to be true and total junk. If it isnt good a combo of STRC and vanquish upgrades will be ordered instead.
Thanks for any input, Cody
Cody318 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-10-2011, 11:52 AM   #2
Rock Stacker

I have a set on order myself, should be here end of next weekish. The 28 buskd is for either upper set, or lower set, not both. Full set up, (eigth links) with stanard shipping is 65 bucks. I like the look of them, and the fact that they dont have plastic ends like most others do. I will post pictures and review when i get them, and they are installed.
summervillecrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011, 02:17 PM   #3
Rock Stacker

If you have ever had any parts from integy chances are you have had parts from TopCad, most of the stuff integy sells is made by TopCad just with the integy logo instead.

Last edited by wildcardco1998; 11-11-2011 at 02:59 AM.
wildcardco1998 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011, 02:53 PM   #4
Pebble Pounder

Anyone notice the upper and lower links are mismatched with their titles? The title on the uppers says they are lowers.
strap624 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011, 03:55 PM   #5

i do like the looks of them but not their knuckles, if they are quality for the price you cant beat them, look strong enough, but ive only had one thing from integy and thats a heat sink for my slash, please let us kno how it goes when u get your links, Thanks
Cody318 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011, 04:05 PM   #6
Rock Crawler

I'm curious about them. Wish they would say what type of aluminum it is. It can make a big difference.

The thing is with the aluminum fixed links and aluminum links in general if you run in dusty/muddy conditions they develop slop very quickly and need replaced.

I have a 4 sets of aluminum link ends "RC4WD" that didn't last half a season in a comp crawler that saw a lot better conditions then my Wraith...
WarTrader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2011, 07:29 PM   #7

Default Re: TopCad parts for wraith, need advice ???

Quote:
Originally Posted by summervillecrawler View Post
I have a set on order myself, should be here end of next weekish. The 28 buskd is for either upper set, or lower set, not both. Full set up, (eigth links) with stanard shipping is 65 bucks. I like the look of them, and the fact that they dont have plastic ends like most others do. I will post pictures and review when i get them, and they are installed.
any update on your experience with these parts?
I'm sure they'll be very popular if they perform any way better than stock...
aussie_jono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2011, 02:43 AM   #8

I just ordered a whole load of gear from these guys
Saved nigh on $150 and getting it shipped as we speak
As my kit has plastic gear, I decided within budget to snap these up
I am sure they will be much better than stock, and for the $ it allows whether to fully invest into this hobby, or just dabble

;)
TheThing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2012, 12:19 PM   #9
Quarry Creeper

Updates on parts?
diesel kawboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 09:45 AM   #10
Quarry Creeper

Just came across this thread searching Topcad. I'm gonna pick up a steering linkage set.
Bansh88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 11:23 AM   #11
Rock Stacker

I just got my parts from topcad quality seems to be ok will see when I hit the mountain with it
crawlingfolife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 01:19 PM   #12

Cool Re: TopCad parts for wraith, need advice ???

I replaced all the chassis/cage peices with topcad billet parts a couple months ago,they all fit great and seem pretty strong the wraith has had a couple good knocks and all is well. I got the billet transmission also, for the price was right.
welder13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2014, 03:22 PM   #13

Any updates on topcad parts? I'm looking at picking up the 2.2 rims and a steering linkage set. Maybe even upper and lower links.

Found some info on topcad. Seems they are made using a weak aluminum and thus cut costs.

Last edited by THX_138; 03-20-2014 at 09:27 PM.
Lordcomp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2014, 06:33 PM   #14
Rock Crawler

I ordered knuckles,chubs,shock mounts today and front bumper.
I see someone calling the parts billet aluminum. Just a heads up billet isn't a type of aluminum. It basicaly is a fancy name for polished or machined. Whether its 2024 or 6061-t6 is what we really want to know. I'm pretty sure for the price all the stuff will be fine. Id be weary of the more precision stuff like shocks or gears ect.
Just an opinion I'm only a machinist not a master crawler builder : )

Sent from my LG-E980 using Tapatalk

Last edited by jwall046; 02-22-2014 at 06:35 PM.
jwall046 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2014, 06:33 PM   #15
Rock Crawler

jwall046 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2014, 08:46 AM   #16
Rock Stacker

i get alot of stuff from asiatees as im from the Uk and its relatively cheap. Ive got the topcad ally steering linkage and diff covers and i cant fault them. Ive also used the GPM products on my Tamiya truck and they're awesome too.
burgerboy78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2014, 10:26 AM   #17

i ordered lots of top cad stuff for my first wraith build, and have spent a lot of time replacing or going back to stock. Dont waste your time or money. its cheaper in the long run to buy better parts.
rooster72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2014, 02:26 PM   #18
Quarry Creeper

I ordered a Wraith front bush guard and a couple of things for my Wraith and I am very happy with them. Looks good, fits well and seems very well made. Can't beat the price. I looked into the stuff (hand made here) that is just way way to pricey unless you want that hand made look and have lots of $$$$$$$ to spend on your crawler.
wraithfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2014, 02:58 PM   #19
RCC Addict

All I can say is: Support your country AND American jobs/companies, buy parts made in the USA. This is why America is going down the pipe... Everything is being outsourced and we're following due to "saving money".

TopCad and Integy are basically the same thing- total junk and a complete waste of money. You'll have to replace those parts that failed and spend more money trying to fix it. When you could have spent the extra $15 on a high quality product that you'll never have to worry about again.

Sorry to say, but if you can't afford the extra $15, you're in the wrong hobby.

Last edited by Lentsnh2012; 05-11-2014 at 03:01 PM.
Lentsnh2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2014, 06:33 PM   #20
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lentsnh2012 View Post
All I can say is: Support your country AND American jobs/companies, buy parts made in the USA. This is why America is going down the pipe... Everything is being outsourced and we're following due to "saving money".

TopCad and Integy are basically the same thing- total junk and a complete waste of money. You'll have to replace those parts that failed and spend more money trying to fix it. When you could have spent the extra $15 on a high quality product that you'll never have to worry about again.

Sorry to say, but if you can't afford the extra $15, you're in the wrong hobby.
x2 and you get much better metallurgy from VP for example. Topcad, Integy, Asiatees are mostly low quality aluminum, no service, no support if they don't work or break.
Natedog is offline   Reply With Quote