Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial Wraith

Notices

Thread: Steering knuckles, VP or STRC?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-30-2011, 08:16 PM   #1
Quarry Creeper

Default Steering knuckles, VP or STRC?

One better than the other, I have not found a comparison picture to see them both against each other but it looks as the VP locates the tie rod higher? But the STRC is double sher.

Anyone can elaborate of post installed pics, I am still a newbie but not scared to ask

VP -

STRC -

Thanks
NCT_Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-30-2011, 08:26 PM   #2
Rock Crawler

The strc are stock replacement. You will need the stock steering arms to bolt the those knuckles. The double sheer section goes behind the axle and are more of a left over from the xr10 design. They do work as a nice steering stop though.

The vp's do raise the tierod higher and eliminate the double sheer ears as they don't normally get used.
skid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2011, 08:38 PM   #3
Quarry Creeper

Great info, thank you.

So I really like the STRC tie rod/drag link so I was ordering that, I guess I am looking to know if the VP is a better direction to go and if it being a high mount style will that now limit my wheel to rod end clearance? I was going to go with a set of VP wheels and I am sure those will fit being the same company but I was also looking at Mayhems. I would hate to have parts sitting here that doesn't work together. I think I may need to place a call to the company's to see how I need to mate all these parts up unless someone already has done this, again I am new so I am doing reading and research but just my thoughts that I have not yet seen directly on any of the builds I have read about, or maybe I over looked it.
Old 11-30-2011, 08:42 PM   #4
Quarry Creeper

the VP knuckles are specifically designed for the wraith, they have shortened arms, that dont interfere with the wheels. from experience and just preference, VP IS THE BEST!!!! they are a bit pricey but spend the extra coin and get QUALITY.
joelKID984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2011, 09:53 PM   #5
Rock Crawler

I'm running the strc c-hubs and knuckles with vp steering links. Love the setup. Sure the vp stuff is top of the line, but I have no complaints from the strc goodies. They are tough, have a good finish, fit nice, and saved me some coin.
hoghead5150 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2011, 09:56 PM   #6
RCC Addict

I run strc on my wraith and I've beat the hell outta it and they've held up fine I also run mayhem monsters with zero issues between them and the strc.. I did hack of the double arms no need for them.. Also I put in the axial uni's and I get excellent steering from the strc's and axial uni's... Save ur money to buy the axial universals.. Because u can buy those and strc nucs and chubs for the same price as just the vp stuff... Yes vp is nice but why pay more when u don't have to unless u just wanna say I got vp nucs and chubs... That's just my .02 ....

J-bird
j-bird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2011, 09:58 PM   #7
Rock Crawler

I have the STRC's and have no complaints whatsoever!
OKJeepin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011, 09:14 AM   #8
Quarry Creeper

Sounds good guys, thanks for all the info and thoughts. I am getting my goodie list together to get my Wraith set up.
Old 12-01-2011, 09:26 AM   #9

read my post about strc steering parts here. http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/axial...1-11-a-20.html

the steering linkage c hubs and knuckles do NOT fit together. Thats why you find people using vp steering linkage with strc hubs and knuckles. The fact that there is NO way to contact strc i will never buy from them again

I hate to bash any company but maybe i got a bad part but I have no way of knowing since you cant contact strc

Last edited by couch; 12-01-2011 at 09:29 AM.
couch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011, 10:13 AM   #10
Rock Crawler

I'm using STRC with good fitment and no problems..Price is good
Erbing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011, 11:13 AM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erbing View Post
I'm using STRC with good fitment and no problems..Price is good
all strc knuckles c hubs and steering linkage?
Old 12-01-2011, 12:30 PM   #12
THW
Rock Stacker

I use STRC Hubs and Knucks, had a bad set of hubs and talked to customer service, got settled very quickly and they paid to ship, so I can not say anything bad about it. I use a link I made, cuz I did it before I bought the STRC stuff, so I just kept it.
THW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011, 12:53 PM   #13

Since VP was out of stock last time, I ended up with STRC Hubs, Knucks, Arms, Mounts for my 3 Wraiths, combined with Universal and HR tie rods. Gun metal color looks pretty cool. I am more rock racing than crawling, no problem at all.

ps. Btw, didn't really like the look of HR tie rods, replaced them all with VP after a week

Last edited by asae; 12-01-2011 at 12:59 PM.
asae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011, 12:59 PM   #14
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by couch View Post
all strc knuckles c hubs and steering linkage?
HRchubs with VP steering.
Erbing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011, 01:12 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by THW View Post
I use STRC Hubs and Knucks, had a bad set of hubs and talked to customer service, got settled very quickly and they paid to ship, so I can not say anything bad about it. I use a link I made, cuz I did it before I bought the STRC stuff, so I just kept it.
Can you please provide the phone number you used. I hav looked all over google and cannot find one for them

Quote:
Originally Posted by asae View Post
Since VP was out of stock last time, I ended up with STRC Hubs, Knucks, Arms, Mounts for my 3 Wraiths, combined with Universal and HR tie rods. Gun metal color looks pretty cool. I am more rock racing than crawling, no problem at all.

the issue here is if you are using the c hubs knucles and steering linkage ALL from strc. if you are mixing brands like hot racing then i cant speak for that.
ps. Btw, didn't really like the look of HR tie rods, replaced them all with VP after a week
Quote:
Originally Posted by Erbing View Post
HRchubs with VP steering.
yeah those fit the strc linkage DOES NOT

notice even on the strc site they dont use their own steering linkage since it doesnt fit. they use the stock one

http://www.stracingconcepts.com/gall...m=2&gallery=13

Last edited by couch; 12-01-2011 at 01:19 PM.
Old 12-01-2011, 02:28 PM   #16
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by couch View Post
Can you please provide the phone number you used. I hav looked all over google and cannot find one for them

yeah those fit the strc linkage DOES NOT

notice even on the strc site they dont use their own steering linkage since it doesnt fit. they use the stock one

ST Racing Concepts Album 2 « Gallery 13 « » Project Vehicles

Could you show a picture of the fitment issue you had please? I personally like the look of the STRC tierod being bent around the diff cover but also like the look of the VP knuckles. Again thanks for the help and explanation.
Old 12-01-2011, 03:28 PM   #17

I have the VP knuck's and CHUBS. They are quality parts. Perfect fit and finish. They perform very well also.
dAng! XJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011, 03:56 PM   #18
20K Club

The VP design is an improved design over the stock and STRC knuckles. The higher steering arm just improved clearance. If you want a better design go with those, if you want just the stock stuff in aluminum then there are several options.
Harley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011, 05:25 PM   #19
THW
Rock Stacker

I bought my stuff straight from STRC and used the email that gave me the confirmation.
THW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2011, 12:51 PM   #20
Rock Stacker

I have a question about either brand of knuckles. I just broke my stock knuckles & chubs. And the blushing/flange pipe AX30450 & screw AXA435 were lost in the rock pile somewhere. Does VP or STRC furnish all hardware needed to mount a set of there chubs & knuckles or do I need to order a replacement bushing also? Thanks
kyrzrone is offline   Reply With Quote