Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial Wraith

Notices

Thread: stock rtr body panels.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-03-2011, 09:12 PM   #1
RCC Addict

Default stock rtr body panels.

I have one coming and wanted to know what is the deal with the stock panels? Are they stickers or paint? If stickers is everyone peeling them off, or just painting over them. This one is for my daughter and it needs to be pink. I can put another sticker over the stock ones if they are a PITA to get off. Any help would be great.
The Violator is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-03-2011, 09:15 PM   #2
I wanna be Dave

They are screen printed from the inside with the black and green graphics, and they also have stickers on the outside. Most just peel the stickers off and paint them on the outside when changing the color. I hope this helps.
ROWDY RACING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2011, 09:40 PM   #3
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROWDY RACING View Post
They are screen printed from the inside with the black and green graphics, and they also have stickers on the outside. Most just peel the stickers off and paint them on the outside when changing the color. I hope this helps.

Perfect. That was the answer I was looking for. I just ordered up the hot racing knuckles and chubs for her wraith. $47 shipped for both!!! They have a wraith specific knuckle that looks pretty cool. I will pick up some paint hot pink paint this week. That way I can get my wraith back from her.

One more thing. I really wanted to leave it alone, but was thinking about swapping out a traxxas 550 motor before she even runs it. I am afraid of the stock axial motor. I don't think she is ready for brushless just yet, and I don't have a spare sensored esc. I do have a tekin r1pro and a vxl motor but I think it might be a but much. She might have to live with stock for a little while.
The Violator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2011, 05:19 AM   #4
Rock Crawler

Hmm.. The stock 20t isn't exactly a speed-demon, will run hot, and burns to a crisp after about 5 packs. It'll do about 12mph. The traxxas 12t does about 15 mph. The 21t does about 7 to 8 mph, down-wind, off a mountain, with some pushing :P , but lasts an eternity on a 7.4v 4000 mah LiPo.

My advise though, would be a stock 27t silver-can. The sort that Tamiya puts in all it's entry-level kits. Has enough grunt for crawling, speed is adequate for a kid to prevent utter boredom, say 10 mph at best. And, most of all, cheaper than the traxxas labeled mabuchi 550 ph's ( motor: $6.- ,Traxxas label: $22.- .... )

Last edited by Jay-Em; 12-04-2011 at 07:39 AM.
Jay-Em is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2011, 11:24 AM   #5
Rock Stacker

Pink is where it is at. I have my in progress build thread on here. If you search tough enough to wear pink you should find it. The one thing when painting hot pink is to put a base layer of white first. If not it's a pita to get the pink to cover and be vibrant.
scrotsbiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2011, 09:22 AM   #6

Default Re: stock rtr body panels.

That is great info! I notice a lot of flat colors on the wraith which I would love to do. Is it mandatory to use lexan specific paint or can I use something like tremclad for painting the outside? Lol
sixOHfour is offline   Reply With Quote