Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial Wraith

Notices

Thread: Lowering the Wraith

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-12-2011, 12:20 PM   #1
Rock Stacker

Default Lowering the Wraith

I was poking through Harley's mega-thread and really like the look of the lowered Wraith he came up with using the Proline PowerShocks. Are all four shocks the Slash front shocks ?

Also, recommended spring set up? This is mostly a basher build, I have other cars dedicated for speed and crawling, so looking for overall decent performance in most conditions, not optimizing for any specific terrain or activity.
cyrusd is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-12-2011, 12:25 PM   #2
RCC Addict

I use proline powerstroke slash's aswell. Front for the Front, Rear for the Rear.. I went ahead and shelled out the extra cash for both spring kits aswell..

Im currently running blue primary and secondarys all the way around (softest in the spring kits) with 20wt Losi oil on all 4 corners and i love the way my rig handles and it is pretty general purpose. Crawl, Trials,Trails,High speed.. Seems like a good Overall combo.. If you run at a higher rate of speed consistently you could easily throw a stiffer primary (short spring) and keep a softer secondary.

EDIT: I decided on rear's for the rear for a little bit more reach while crawling and those big hits @ high speed.. Seems to be working for me.

Last edited by DiEzel; 12-12-2011 at 12:28 PM.
DiEzel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011, 12:33 PM   #3
Rock Stacker

Right on - thanks! Exactly the info I was looking for. Will probably order up the full set then, and play around with springs to see what's appealing

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiEzel View Post
I use proline powerstroke slash's aswell. Front for the Front, Rear for the Rear.. I went ahead and shelled out the extra cash for both spring kits aswell..

Im currently running blue primary and secondarys all the way around (softest in the spring kits) with 20wt Losi oil on all 4 corners and i love the way my rig handles and it is pretty general purpose. Crawl, Trials,Trails,High speed.. Seems like a good Overall combo.. If you run at a higher rate of speed consistently you could easily throw a stiffer primary (short spring) and keep a softer secondary.

EDIT: I decided on rear's for the rear for a little bit more reach while crawling and those big hits @ high speed.. Seems to be working for me.
cyrusd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011, 12:59 PM   #4
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyrusd View Post
Right on - thanks! Exactly the info I was looking for. Will probably order up the full set then, and play around with springs to see what's appealing
I also flipped the rear shock mount to bring it down a little bit. Has a great stance to it. Also if you were trollin Harley's thread then you might of seen these.. ****Big Bore Shock end SALE $7 a set!!!**** HIGHLY Recommended. Make for Nice - clean,flawless install.
DiEzel is offline   Reply With Quote