Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial Wraith

Notices

Thread: Another noob Wraith

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-26-2012, 08:06 PM   #1
Rock Stacker

Talking Another noob Wraith

Hi all, thought I'd share my thanks with everyone. I just got into this hobby as a winter activity to keep me busy inside of the house. With a 1 year old in the house I didn't figure I'd get out to the garage much.

Anyways bought a RTR Wraith second hand off of a guy who ran it just long enough to break most of the links, a bumper bracket and strip all of the servo horns that were included in the box. $450 cdn for the semi busted wraith + 2 5000mah NimH and a MRC 977 (which he probably thought was broke because the fan made a hell of a racket).

Since getting this thing I've upgraded the servo (HiTec 7954), VP links, HR steering link, Level 3 CMS w/panhard, RC4wd bumper bracket & Truss. I've also switched all for hood screws to pins, rebuilt the shocks(wow did this make a difference) and reinforce the stock drive shafts.

Nice headlights

I really enjoy tweaking and changing stuff, regardless if it is my 1/2ton, sled or atv and now the Wraith.

Obligatory angle shot

Thanks to everyone for providing such useful wraith information.
willeh_ca is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-26-2012, 08:51 PM   #2
Pebble Pounder

Default Re: Another noob Wraith

Welcome to the forum... Looks like you are at a good start! You going to more of a crawler or some speed?

I'd suggest getting rid of the Tamiya connectors on the ESC and batteries, they are less than good!
Testykalz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 09:31 PM   #3
Rock Stacker

Default Re: Another noob Wraith

Probably right in the middle, I'm ok with the speed of the Wraith how it is now. Knowing what I know now I should have spent some of the money I have so far differently. Next stop to the LHS I'm picking up some Dean's. I'm going to replace stuff as if fails now. With maybe the exception of the knuckles and c-hubs, the way I've been driving it, I best have them on hot standby.

I'm dealing with an intermittent loss of sync right now, all of a sudden no go or steer. Power cycle or plug/unplug of ESC from Receiver and it starts working again. Trying to pinpoint the problem.
willeh_ca is offline   Reply With Quote

Another noob Wraith - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Slow Grind SlowGrynd Axial Wraith 27 10-10-2012 10:01 AM
RC noob and just bought a wraith kit RMack Axial Wraith 5 01-03-2012 04:41 PM
Wraith Skins for m_energy's Wife's Wraith Krawler Konceptz Paint and Body 2 10-18-2011 11:29 AM
noob, with noob questions farmerstoy General Scale Talk 12 01-14-2010 06:28 PM