Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial Wraith

Notices

Thread: Esc setting question.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-08-2012, 07:06 PM   #1
Quarry Creeper

Default Esc setting question.

I am running a Mamba max pro with a tekin redline 10.5 My esc settings have the motor direction at normal. My reverse is set at 50% so I am not sure if it is faster in reverse than forward. I am used to running 1/8 scale with 2200kv motors at 40-50mph so it all seems slow to me. My question is with this setup should I run the motor direction in reverse?
Beej is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-09-2012, 08:09 AM   #2
Quarry Creeper

Default Re: Esc setting question.

Anybody else running a mmp and redline motor?
Old 01-09-2012, 08:40 AM   #3
Quarry Creeper

I'm running a Redline and MMP. Mine was swapped into a RTR that was running with the motor reversed from the factory (because of the way the diff's were assembled). Since I left the diff's as is, I used the castle link to specifiy a reverse rotation motor when I programmed the MMP. Then I needed to set the throttle swith on the transmitter to "N" for normal. I also have reverse set to 50% and my reverse is definitly what it should be.

Are you use to running 1/8 scale 2WD buggies? If so it's probably the final gear reduction that you are not use. Between the tranny and the diff's I believe there's quite a bit more reduction then typical in a 2WD buggy.
GrimJeeper91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012, 09:51 AM   #4
Rock Crawler

im running that combo except its a 13.5, just got it running this weekend and i have hardly any reverse. waiting on a castle link to do some tuning
it was a kit wraith and i put the diffs together the way the book says and hook up the motor normal, tx is set to normal direction also
cspyy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012, 11:23 AM   #5
Rock Crawler

i was running an 18.5t brushless. i swapped the ring and pinions around so the motor turned the normal way. what i found out was with the stock setup the motor turned the opposite way. you either had to reverse the esc or reverse the controller. when i had the controller reversed i could not use the boost options. when i swapped the esc to reverse i could use the boost, but my motor came with 30* advanced timing and it just didn't seem right. motor would get hot in about 20 minutes. i eventually swapped the ring gears around and set the esc and controller to normal. everything was great then.
hoghead5150 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012, 12:53 PM   #6
Quarry Creeper

Thanks, I will switch my esc settings to reverse the motor.
Old 01-09-2012, 02:38 PM   #7
Rock Crawler

better off just pulling the ring gear and flipping the ring gear/locker around. takes 10 minutes to do both ends.
hoghead5150 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012, 02:46 PM   #8
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by cspyy View Post
im running that combo except its a 13.5, just got it running this weekend and i have hardly any reverse. waiting on a castle link to do some tuning
it was a kit wraith and i put the diffs together the way the book says and hook up the motor normal, tx is set to normal direction also
Same setup deal for me but running 17.5 redline and MMP , castle link to tune and boost ! . I find this a handful on 3S , high speed handling is not one of the Wraiths best points . As a result my 35T wraith is getting used a heap more . What is the Wraith like with a 10.5T ? (on its roof a lot ? ) where are you running it ? Just curious as the gear ratios available arent that great ( due to range of movement of the motor ) so you couldnt gear it right down to get it crawling well , or can you ?
northkona is offline   Reply With Quote

Esc setting question. - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Setting up a HPI Jolt R esc? TurboShadow Electronics 1 06-20-2011 11:17 PM
sidewinder esc setting yfz350 Axial AX-10 Scorpion 5 02-19-2010 04:24 PM
Which ESC Brake/Reverse Type Setting on my Mamba Max ESC? b00st3d Venom Creeper 3 01-24-2010 04:34 PM
Questions on setting up ESC and Transmitter needtocrawl Electronics 10 11-28-2009 10:25 PM
setting up esc CrawlerDan Electronics 2 01-13-2008 02:07 PM