Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial Wraith

Notices

Thread: Front End sitting on the Axle Truss ?? HELP

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-27-2012, 01:12 AM   #1
Rock Stacker

Default Front End sitting on the Axle Truss ?? HELP

Hi guys I am not sure what is the best approach to sort this issue out. I have an RTR Wraith with a few mods that might affect this.

VP PANHARD/CMS
GMADE-ZERO COILOVERS
4200 nimh BATTERY UP FRONT
STEEL FRONT BUMPER
FRONT SHOCK MOUNTED IN HOLE CLOSEST TO CABIN

So basically I think I have a bit of weight up front but not sure if this is normal and what the best course of action is to sort it? You can see in the pic that the panhard arm sits about 3mm above that screw mount in the truss and this is when it is just sitting, if I pick the rig up and drop it it's fine and doesn't hit but as soon as I sit it down on the ground the front end droops quite a bit. As you can see I have about 5mm of thread at the top of the shock so it's not as low as it can go.... I don't have much experience with suspension so I don't know if this is normal etc.

Is running a panhard and lowered just not possible? hope not because I believe not using the panhard renders the CMS useless too??

Boostmeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-27-2012, 01:21 AM   #2
RCC Addict

Default Re: Front End sitting on the Axle Truss ?? HELP

mine is lowered and sits just fine mind you i dont have the CMS/Panhard (which arrives tommorow ay my LHS)
but i think its in the spring perhaps? Try adjusting the front shocks to bring the ride height up until your happy with it, remember that adjusting the shocks using the collar only effects ride heaight and will not alter the coil rate of the springs.
SwampDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2012, 03:18 PM   #3
Rock Stacker

I have the same issue, I mean I've lowered mine and have VP Panhard as well and don't have more than about 7mm travel available. Rear it's even worse about 4mm, but that is because I have rear servo as well, but I plan to do CMS in rear as well and do it by own mod so I will gain some more clearance there.
Jyri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2012, 03:49 PM   #4
I wanna be Dave

If you're mainly bashing/jumping it and landing squarely on your front end, then worry about it. If you're doing trails and crawling, thread the shocks down a lil bit and forget about it.

Very rarely in crawling does each side of the front suspension equally compress, its mostly one side or the other.
Meatwad is offline   Reply With Quote

Front End sitting on the Axle Truss ?? HELP - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
looking for a pic of dmg axial axle truss on a gcm metalhead axle badhoopty Axial SCX-10 2 09-26-2011 05:59 PM
My axle truss mudrinner4ever Tamiya TLT Crawlers 16 01-28-2008 02:26 PM