Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial Wraith

Notices

Thread: scikosideshows umbrella corp wraith

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-27-2012, 04:59 AM   #1

Default scikosideshows umbrella corp wraith

so yeah finally decided to start a thread on my wraith since im finally back to working on it but im once again doing another umbrella corp themed rig i hope yall like this one so i bought it rtr and it held up better than my ridgecrest did but then decided to go ahead and start ordering parts and slowly working on it over the past couple of months. and heres where im at so far.......

here is what it was when i started lol

and here it is after i have painted the frame added the topcad front universal shaft upgraded steering knuckle and chubs also topcad shock in the front and i took and old pair of shocks off the front of my old short course truck to drop the rear lower

also to go with the umbrella corp theme im working on i added scale chain to soon hold a zombie when i find the right one to strap to the back and i will have viper from resident evil operation raccoon city the game driving this rig and will be ordering them this week

heres a pic with a random figure attached to show how it will work

well so i started getting more parts in like the ckrc lowering kit and battery foward plate which i love by the way well heres a couple of pics of that

and finally so far ive added my old castle sidewinder sct combo to it and now i have to figure out gearing so if anyone know about this please please help me but heres a couple pics of the motor setup and placement of the esc

but thank you for reading and hope you all like so far im def not done and not even ready for a test run yet hopefully soon tho i have a lot of parts coming in over the next couple of weeks so please let me know your thought cause im not sure if im going to keep it lowered or reverse them and lift it so let me know your thoughts on that as well and please anyone good with gearing issues please help me i dont really know what im doing in that department lol but thanks again for reading.
Scikosideshow is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-27-2012, 12:54 PM   #2
I wanna be Dave

Default Re: scikosideshows umbrella corp wraith

Cool theme! I love those movies.

For that motor I would start with 87/12 48p or 60/9 32p and gear up from there depending on temps. I wouldnt run it hotter than 150ish degrees.
frdtrkguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2012, 02:52 AM   #3

Ok so using what I have I used an 88t spur gear I think that's what's it called lol (still learning) with a 26p hoping it will work but if not what should I put with the 88t gear? also is there a temp gauge deal I could hook up to it or what's the best way to keep check on everything I'm running a 2s 5000 lipo on it. And thanks man I've put a lot of time into check out my thread for my ridgecrest and let me know what ya think it will be umbrella corp themed as well.
Scikosideshow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2012, 09:31 AM   #4
I wanna be Dave

If your spur is 88 I would still start with a 12-14 pinion. I use a temp gauge similar to this: TowerHobbies.com | DTXDTXP3100 DTXP3100 Duratrax FlashPoint Infrared Temperature Gauge
frdtrkguy is offline   Reply With Quote

scikosideshows umbrella corp wraith - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
scikosideshows ridgecrest project check it out Scikosideshow Axial AX10 2nd-gen 6 07-14-2012 01:56 PM
Model Rectifier Corp. tranny scruff007 General Crawlers 6 01-15-2006 02:40 PM