Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial Wraith

Notices

Thread: Oops! Axial missed a part!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-30-2012, 11:13 AM   #1

Default Oops! Axial missed a part!

I received two Wraith RTR's the other day and when I ran them I got about 10 minutes before having major gear noise from the transmission.
I opened the tranny and found that there was no shaft in the idler gear on both trucks! The idlers were just floating and rubbing on the case. Both the gears are smoked and the cases are damaged, not a good start for Axial.
Crawler Meister is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-30-2012, 11:27 AM   #2
I wanna be Dave

Default Re: Oops! Axial missed a part!

So, why don't you send them an email and give them an opportunity to fix the issue?
JeremyH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2012, 12:15 PM   #3
RCC Addict

Definitely worth calling Axial. No sense in wording it like that and making them look bad. We want to know the story of how the fix goes. My guess is they will have you send in the trucks and fix the trannies.
ik632 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2012, 12:40 PM   #4
I wanna be Dave

Yes for your first post that is not so nice! Axial will help because that is clearly a warranty issue.
ZippoMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2012, 01:09 PM   #5
Old guy

This is the 1st I've heard of this, I think it amazing that it even worked for 10 min. missing that part, I don't see how it did. How could they leave that out, you need it to put it together. It would even be hard to get it together with that part missing.
ROCKEDUP RICKY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2012, 01:28 PM   #6
Quarry Creeper

so why not call axial first and give them a chance to right the problem before bad talking them on this forum? axial has exellent customer service they solve my issues with my exo within a few days
joe daigle jr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2012, 03:11 PM   #7

Uhmm, so there are bearings but no shaft on the idler gear? If I try to simulate that on my ax or scx's gearbox even with an opened gearbox there's so much play on the idler, that it will block the other gear when being rotated by the first.
Are you sure the axle or shaft, is not stuck in the other half?
djoefromreal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2012, 03:14 PM   #8
RCC Addict

my 1st wraith which i just got notlong ago was missing a bearing for my transmission. This was the "Kit".
i just went and bought one from my LHS which was no biggie at all, but why are parts missing is quite annoying, and
shouldnt be like this? I think Axial is slamming these out the door faster then they can assemble the kits.

more attention needed Axial!
SwampDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2012, 04:50 PM   #9
Quarry Creeper

When I got my Wraith Kit it was missing one bag of parts for the diffs. I called Axial and talked to a guy named Scott (ext 4). The guy apologized and sent me the bag of parts which arrived in 2 days. He also said if I had any question or problems to give him a call. Super nice guy. They have great customer service.
wraithfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2012, 05:26 PM   #10

Maybe I sounded a bit harsh in my post. The truth is I'm not pissed off just disappointed. I was hoping my boys could run these things right out of the box and mod them later, thus the reason to buy the RTR version.

I do have brushless systems to go into them so replacing the plastic idler with a hardened steel from one my local hobby shop will be beneficial anyway. The 5mm shaft isn't in stock at my local store so I'll make a couple, and yes they were definitely not there. And the cases can be cleaned up and reused, for now.

I did call Axial, they will send new parts which will arrive in "one to two weeks". They were easy to talk to, no issue sending the parts.

All in all, it happens. It sucks it happened to both trucks but life goes on. My intent was not to bash Axial but rather simply vent my frustration.
Crawler Meister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2012, 05:36 PM   #11
Rock Crawler

It seem's to me axial needs a bit of bashing, there customer service might be great but surely better quality control is more important. The amount of post's complaining about parts missing, falling off or breaking seams to be increasing lately.
greenjk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2012, 06:42 PM   #12
Pebble Pounder

It is a little strange. My Wraith, which I got in January, had a bunch of little issues like that, loose/missing screws, faulty battery connector, no grease in the tranny, etc. None of these were life-threatening, but annoying nonetheless. My Honcho which I got in April, however, has been absolutely perfect!! Not a single thing out of place or problem....go figure.
94smasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2012, 06:44 PM   #13
Rock Crawler

These trucks have Hundreds of parts. They might miss a few. No excuses, just sayin... Axial is a good company and if you call, they will make it right.
Soulo747 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2012, 06:50 PM   #14
Rock Stacker

I had the stock esc go bad. I called axial cs and had a new one in 3 days. Great customer service.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2
Scott105 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2012, 06:56 PM   #15
Scale Detail Engineering

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZippoMan View Post
Yes for your first post that is not so nice! Axial will help because that is clearly a warranty issue.
I think it's a good first post... more people need to speak up.
And I'd say it's clearly a quality control issue that should be fixed under warranty... but why?

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenjk View Post
It seem's to me axial needs a bit of bashing, there customer service might be great but surely better quality control is more important. The amount of post's complaining about parts missing, falling off or breaking seams to be increasing lately.
I gotta agree with you.
Great Customer Service
Good Product
Poor Quality Control

The AR60 short shaft issue should be enough for them to get it together... that's BS man. And they covered it up by installing the drive train backwards! wtf?

Last edited by johnnyh66; 07-30-2012 at 07:00 PM.
johnnyh66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2012, 07:37 PM   #16
Pebble Pounder

I've built many kits over the years 5 Losi's, 1 Team Associated, 1 HPI Baja (Tons of parts), 3 Traxxas, 1 Trex, 6 E-flites, and 3 Axial's. Only the Axial, HPI, and E-flite have not had any missing parts. IMO they are one of the best company in terms of not forgetting parts. That is not to say that they don't mess up, they do. Give them a call and they will send you a new part free of charge.

Last edited by AR Fabrication; 07-31-2012 at 06:10 AM.
AR Fabrication is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2012, 07:45 PM   #17
Scale Detail Engineering

but this was not a kit, it was rtr... but didn't.
johnnyh66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2012, 11:30 PM   #18
Quarry Creeper

this is what happens when american companies sent stuff to china to be made working at a hobby shop i see this stuff frequently thats the trade off for cheap labor
joe daigle jr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 05:01 PM   #19
Rock Stacker

ive never bought a rtr but have heard and seen soo many horror stories so i just build em myself,on a side note my wraith kit was only missing one part
fast540 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 12:11 AM   #20
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by AR Fabrication View Post
I've built many kits over the years 5 Losi's, 1 Team Associated, 1 HPI Baja (Tons of parts), 3 Traxxas, 1 Trex, 6 E-flites, and 3 Axial's. Only the Axial, HPI, and E-flite have not had any missing parts. IMO they are one of the best company in terms of not forgetting parts. That is not to say that they don't mess up, they do. Give them a call and they will send you a new part free of charge.
After posting this it really sunk in as to many kits I've owned over the years. And why I always feel short on money... I don't see it getting better either, I'll be ordering a MMP and Pro4 system for my Wraith tonight and I keep eyeing the Losi night crawler.
AR Fabrication is offline   Reply With Quote

Oops! Axial missed a part! - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Need some help with Axial part #s venomous98 General Crawlers 3 01-13-2011 04:57 PM
axial part IDnewcrwlr Newbie General 7 04-13-2009 10:34 AM