Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial Wraith

Notices

Thread: Better slipper clutch

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-08-2012, 06:47 AM   #1

Default Better slipper clutch

after a nice wet creek run, i pulled the spur gear for a gear change. the slipper is a piece of paper like material, was soaked and coming apart, so i had a complete slipper from a slash and tossed it in. now its much more consistent and easy/cheap. direct fit plate to plate. slide it off the slash/traxxas trans and right onto the the wraith shaft.
slim jim is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-08-2012, 11:41 AM   #2
Quarry Creeper

Default Re: Better slipper clutch

Yeah most people have been running a super shanty top shaft and a Robinson racing slipper clutch on their bullet proof wraiths, good job though love it when people start to get creative and don't just use parts made only for a wraith!
XJkid93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 12:32 PM   #3

i like it because of the friction pads. no paper here. Spur gears are cheap and plentiful just about all the traxxas toys use the same spur. i haven't tried the dust cover yet but don't think it'll be an issue.
slim jim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 07:23 PM   #4

Dust cover doesnt fit, Traxxas slipper and spur assembly are too much deeper overall than the stock Axial ( around 1/8"-1/4")You will also have slop on the factory cross pin as the Traxxas slipper uses a larger pin, therefore the groove in the slipper hub is larger. I drilled the shaft to the correct size for the Traxxas pin, the whole combo is holding up well so far and is a much better slipper assembly than stock, much more durable and reliable, controlled slip. No problems getting it wet so far either. Future Pro-4 installation will tell how well the top shaft holds up, may go SuperShafty beefy top shaft at one point but overall this combo is a nice budget alternative for a much better slipper unit and more readily available spur gears.
BikingViking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 07:29 PM   #5
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by BikingViking View Post
Dust cover doesnt fit, Traxxas slipper and spur assembly are too much deeper overall than the stock Axial ( around 1/8"-1/4")You will also have slop on the factory cross pin as the Traxxas slipper uses a larger pin, therefore the groove in the slipper hub is larger. I drilled the shaft to the correct size for the Traxxas pin, the whole combo is holding up well so far and is a much better slipper assembly than stock, much more durable and reliable, controlled slip. No problems getting it wet so far either. Future Pro-4 installation will tell how well the top shaft holds up, may go SuperShafty beefy top shaft at one point but overall this combo is a nice budget alternative for a much better slipper unit and more readily available spur gears.

I have been running mine without changing any pin on 3s 550 brushless motor for almost a year without issues. The slash slipper is the best mod, along with some other slash parts I added to my wraith to make it work awesome.
The Violator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 07:42 PM   #6
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Violator View Post
I have been running mine without changing any pin on 3s 550 brushless motor for almost a year without issues. The slash slipper is the best mod, along with some other slash parts I added to my wraith to make it work awesome.
what other Slash parts are you using?
Crash1388 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 09:09 PM   #7
Jus
I wanna be Dave

I'm also running a Slash slipper with 32P spur off a Jato? on my AX10 based FOFF. I run the clutch loose with plastic tranny gears on 3s with a VXL motor and its held up great. The pin in the Axial top shaft may be smaller, but once tightened down it doesn't appear to be a problem.
Jus is offline   Reply With Quote

Better slipper clutch - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
slipper clutch KMass713 Axial AX-10 Scorpion 14 10-22-2009 11:42 PM
Slipper clutch Chevyfanaddict Axial SCX-10 3 04-12-2009 08:36 AM
slipper clutch MNorby Newbie General 2 03-22-2007 10:41 PM