Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial Wraith

Notices

Thread: Metal Wraith....

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-20-2012, 06:49 PM   #1
doc

Default Metal Wraith....

Started looking for a new project some time ago and had been working on an scx10 but then got a wraith and had a good time with it stock, for a day before i fried the ESC.
So the wraith sat. Then I saw a tube chassis come for sale on here and I picked it up. My goal is to have the tube chassis set up for a Ultra4/KOH type rig using mostly Wraith parts just not the original chassis.
The rig came with AX10 axles on it and they were the first thing to go, I had the stock RTR Wraith sitting around so i swapped the axles on to see what would need trimmed and such to make the angles and lengths better. There are a number of spots that need redone but its not to bad. I got it up and running a couple of time before the one drive shaft broke off.
So for now I am going to tear it down and do some cutting and re welding to make sure there is enough space. Also have the skin off (as you can see in the pic) so that will be getting redone.
It looks small in the pictures but is rather beefy (13+lbs).
Any thoughts ideas or suggestions would be more than welcomed!!!
Doc

doc is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links

Metal Wraith.... - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
JHTreyIII's 'Big Metal Bitch' Wraith Build JHTreyIII Axial Wraith 141 04-18-2014 06:42 PM
metal tube frame for wraith anyone mtgrizzlymn Axial Wraith 2 11-17-2011 04:32 PM
who sells metal sides for wraith hdwheelieking1 Axial Wraith 6 09-24-2011 02:29 PM