Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial Wraith

Notices

Thread: How's this setup?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-29-2012, 11:32 AM   #1
Rock Stacker

Default How's this setup?

So please forgive me for being a newb. The Wraith is going to be my first RC since my Team Associated RC-10 back about 18 years ago. Obviously plenty has changed since then. I've chosen the Wraith for two reasons. One being a crawler, and two cause it's strong enough to withstand use from my two boys 9 and 6 yrs old. So onto my setup.

Wraith Kit
FlySky FS-GT3b Radio
3s Lipo (not sure about which yet)
Hyperion EOS0606I AC/DC Charger
HS-7954SH Servo
Holmes CrawlMaster Pro 13t
Holmes TorqueMaster BRXL esc (since this had a built in 6v BEC is an external still needed?
84/18 gearing (Still not 100% sure on this gearing.. thoughts/coments?)

I am sure I could be missing things. But please feel free to comment and let me know. I'm not looking for something too fast. But fast enough to still be "fun". I'm more interesting in the crawling aspect. As far as waterproofing goes... I'm on the fence. I really not fond of mudding. Being an ex 4wheeler fan I know first hand what mud does to moving parts. And I don't see myself submerging the truck. Maybe through some puddles here and there, and some snow(when it gets here).

So thoughts/comments?
Boomstk74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-29-2012, 10:02 PM   #2
Rock Crawler

Default Re: How's this setup?

I am running the same esc motor comb but my gearing is 87/17. I use my wraith for crawling.
k goodrich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 10:22 PM   #3
Quarry Creeper

Sounds like an awesome start.

I've seen that radio in person and it's sweet. Definitely on my "One Of These Days" list.

I would plan on either making your own links or replacing the stock links with some premade links. Vanquish Products has solid Titanium links but many people make aluminum links for them. You can also make your own very easily.

Be sure you get the waterproof version of the BR-XL too. There is really no reason not to. I have it in my SCX10 Honcho and another one sitting in the box waiting to go into my new Wraith. Holmes Hobbies is the real deal. You will love that combo.

As far as batteries, I personally run all Gens Ace LiPos (Shop for RC Hobby Parts and Upgrades - Digital Servos, Brushless Motors, ESC, LiPo Batteries/Chargers for RC Helicopters, RC Planes, RC Cars, Robots) and have had nothing but great luck with them. Very cheap too - check them out.

Post up some pics when you get a chance!

Fink
Fink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 10:47 PM   #4
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boomstk74 View Post
So please forgive me for being a newb. The Wraith is going to be my first RC since my Team Associated RC-10 back about 18 years ago. Obviously plenty has changed since then.

Wraith Kit
FlySky FS-GT3b Radio
HS-7954SH Servo
Holmes TorqueMaster BRXL esc (since this had a built in 6v BEC is an external still needed?

So thoughts/comments?
No worries being new.... Welcome. As for changes.... things have changed a lot. Get your gt3b hacked.... Work on vr mod and 3s lipo for it.

Yes you will want external bec.... One reason you will want to get most out of your servo. Bump bec to 7.4 volt and use jumper harness to run bec power directly to servo and not into your reciever.

I have same esc waterproofed and 2 7954 each on their own bec.... Then couple winches on thier own bec.

Any other questions just ask.....
JokersWild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 05:44 AM   #5
Rock Stacker

Wow awesome! Thanks for the replies guys. I will be sure to pick up a bec as well. Now to start ordering up some parts. It will probably be a few weeks till I can actually pick up the kit. But once I do I'll be sure to post up some pics.

Thanks again!
Boomstk74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 07:55 AM   #6
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boomstk74 View Post
Wow awesome! Thanks for the replies guys. I will be sure to pick up a bec as well. Now to start ordering up some parts. It will probably be a few weeks till I can actually pick up the kit. But once I do I'll be sure to post up some pics.

Thanks again!
Looking forward to it!

Fink
Fink is offline   Reply With Quote

How's this setup? - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Considering XR10 purchase for 1st time crawler: How's this setup? stephpar Axial XR10 23 01-12-2011 04:56 PM
How's About sococrawler Comments, Suggestions, and Help 1 11-16-2009 11:39 AM
How's everyone been? CoreyK Chit Chat 12 03-12-2008 05:21 PM
How's this lathe? john alardin Tools, and Procedures 5 11-15-2007 08:50 AM