Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial Wraith

Notices

Thread: rtr wraith?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-03-2013, 07:01 PM   #1

Default rtr wraith?

I have a new rtr wraith and its faster in reverse the forward. My throttle switch is in the normal position and when you pull the trigger to go forward it does and the esc light is green. Will flipping my gears still fix the issue or? Thanks
codymans offroad is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-03-2013, 07:23 PM   #2
I wanna be Dave

Default Re: rtr wraith?

i dont think flipping your gears will fix it but im not positi ve what you mean by that.
evan03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 07:35 PM   #3
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by codymans offroad View Post
I have a new rtr wraith and its faster in reverse the forward. My throttle switch is in the normal position and when you pull the trigger to go forward it does and the esc light is green. Will flipping my gears still fix the issue or? Thanks
It would correct it to the point that you would go fast forward, and slower backward, but depending on your gears, they may not be set up to run in the opposite direction. What I mean is that it would work, but prolonged use in the wrong direction could weaken the gears and they could sheer off. There's that, and then there's the fact that you'll be pushing the trigger forward to go forward and backward to go backward, which is bassakward.

That's a really odd issue. You might want to troubleshoot a bit more and see if there is another issue needing your attention.
TheScaleAddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 07:48 PM   #4
I wanna be Dave

doesnt the rtr have castle controler?

ive have my controler set up for 100% power in forward and 50% power in reverse.

switching gears seems ass backwords and how do you even switch the gear positions?
evan03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 07:54 PM   #5

I think from what i have read when i searched (wraith is faster in reverse) some of the posts said to flip the diffs. None of the posts i found were having the same issue when the remote th switch was set to nomal and the esc lights turned green when you go forward and red for reverse. I APPRECIATE your help a ton. Could it just be the motor going bad already?
Old 01-03-2013, 08:58 PM   #6
Quarry Creeper

i think i ended up flipping my diffs, then switched my motor wires so the esc was right. (green forward, red reverse) mine was already running a different motor from original, with mismatched wires though so i dont remember if there was a speed difference or not. i wouldnt have known about the diff issue except i just happened to read about it in a thread. checked mine, found them wrong and just went ahead and made it right.
dieselmudder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 09:01 PM   #7
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by cephas View Post
It would correct it to the point that you would go fast forward, and slower backward, but depending on your gears, they may not be set up to run in the opposite direction. What I mean is that it would work, but prolonged use in the wrong direction could weaken the gears and they could sheer off. There's that, and then there's the fact that you'll be pushing the trigger forward to go forward and backward to go backward, which is bassakward.

That's a really odd issue. You might want to troubleshoot a bit more and see if there is another issue needing your attention.

correct me if im wrong but im pretty sure the stock gears are straight cut, not helical. so same strength either direction.
dieselmudder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 09:11 PM   #8
RCC Addict

Right. Not sure about aftermarket gears though. ...just thinking 'out Loud'.
TheScaleAddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 09:15 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by evan03 View Post
doesnt the rtr have castle controler?

ive have my controler set up for 100% power in forward and 50% power in reverse.

switching gears seems ass backwords and how do you even switch the gear positions?
I checked out my esc and noticed that the green light was blinking while full throttle so I recalibrated the esc and it fixed it. Thanks so much to everyone help. Im pretty new here. I try to read before I ask a dumb question. Didnt work this time lol. Thanks again