Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial Wraith

Notices

Thread: Axial Wraith stock ESC questions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-10-2013, 02:53 PM   #1

Smile Axial Wraith stock ESC questions

So I just got my Wraith about a month ago(RTR) and I was driving it hard of course, and my Pinion came loose (the gear from motor to the tranny, could be wrong on the name) is this something common? well I took the truck apart and figured out that the set screw was loose (on the pinion). I tightened it and it worked fine, so when I re-assembled the truck I guess I didn't notice that when I mounted the motor to the tranny the wires would cross when attached the bottom skid plate mount. The wires got hot and melted together which of course killed my stock 20T motor (the wires touched while operating and it would slow down and smelled burnt). this eventually led to the truck not moving anymore. I took it apart again and saw the motor wires melted together. will I have problems with the ESC? is there a way to check without a motor if the ESC still works properly? the LED light on the ESC is solid green when I hit the throttle forward on my receiver, and when I push the throttle in reverse its blinking red. Is this normal? I am waiting on a Integy 45T motor, is this a good crawler motor? I know it will slow it down. I don't want speed I want to creepy crawl it. haha all the help needed please, im new to the whole electric R/C group. I had a Gas powered R/C before and im so excited to drive this Rig again!
Robchinchilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-10-2013, 10:28 PM   #2
Rock Stacker

Default Re: Axial Wraith stock ESC questions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robchinchilla View Post
So I just got my Wraith about a month ago(RTR) and I was driving it hard of course, and my Pinion came loose (the gear from motor to the tranny, could be wrong on the name) is this something common? well I took the truck apart and figured out that the set screw was loose (on the pinion). I tightened it and it worked fine, so when I re-assembled the truck I guess I didn't notice that when I mounted the motor to the tranny the wires would cross when attached the bottom skid plate mount. The wires got hot and melted together which of course killed my stock 20T motor (the wires touched while operating and it would slow down and smelled burnt). this eventually led to the truck not moving anymore. I took it apart again and saw the motor wires melted together. will I have problems with the ESC? is there a way to check without a motor if the ESC still works properly? the LED light on the ESC is solid green when I hit the throttle forward on my receiver, and when I push the throttle in reverse its blinking red. Is this normal? I am waiting on a Integy 45T motor, is this a good crawler motor? I know it will slow it down. I don't want speed I want to creepy crawl it. haha all the help needed please, im new to the whole electric R/C group. I had a Gas powered R/C before and im so excited to drive this Rig again!

Your ESC should be fine, buy a 87t spur and a 14 or 15t pinion to get a real crawl.
meinthe73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 05:00 AM   #3

Default Re: Axial Wraith stock ESC questions

Thanks, your info is greatly appreciated
. Is that a good trail motor too or strictly crawling?
Robchinchilla is offline   Reply With Quote

Axial Wraith stock ESC questions - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Axial esc questions Cypher Electronics 1 09-28-2011 01:37 PM
Stock Slash esc, lipos and water. Questions crawlvt Non Crawler RC's 1 04-21-2009 09:49 AM