Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial Wraith

Notices

Thread: Wraith vs SCX10/AX10 axle comparison Request

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-17-2013, 04:41 PM   #1
Quarry Creeper

Default Wraith vs SCX10/AX10 axle comparison Request

Hey guys, This may seem an odd request but I had an idea and wondered if someone can help me.

Cam some one please take a picture of a Wraith axle next to an SCX10/AX10 axle for me but in a particular way.

I would like to see the picture take so that the pumpkin of the 2 axles are lined up please
what I want to effectively do is See if I can shorten just the long side of the wraith axle so its the same size as the short, effectively giving me a center pumpkin, but I am wondering if the axle will become too narrow, My target is SCX10 width or slightly narrower.

Secondly another picture with them lined up so the outer axle stubs are lined up (to get an idea of how much wider the Wraith axle is vs the SCX/AX10)

If anyone could throw in some measurements with this that would be an extra bonus

However I will still want to use an Axle truss (although I will likely machine my own shorter one to suit the new configuration)

Thank you in advance I know its a bit of a big request so I would be EXTREMELY grateful if someone could take the time.

Thanks

Craig
craigrobbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-17-2013, 07:02 PM   #2

Default Re: Wraith vs SCX10/AX10 axle comparison Request

You can buy exactly that from Vanquish.....
Axial scx10 Aluminum Axle Housing
BikingViking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 07:19 PM   #3
Quarry Creeper

Default Re: Wraith vs SCX10/AX10 axle comparison Request

Quote:
Originally Posted by BikingViking View Post
You can buy exactly that from Vanquish.....
Axial scx10 Aluminum Axle Housing
Thanks for that

I was aware of SCX10/AX10 aluminium housing options but I have a set of Wraith axles on the way that came with a car I bought (used) so was hoping I could modify them without making custom shafts or cuttiing them down thats why I was wondering if I could have 2 sides the same.
craigrobbo is offline   Reply With Quote

Wraith vs SCX10/AX10 axle comparison Request - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Wraith vs. WK axle width comparison? JavelinSST390 General Crawlers 3 08-25-2012 01:21 PM
Scx-10 and wraith axle comparison pictures? scale4x4 General Scale Talk 13 06-27-2012 01:00 AM
AX10/SCX10 VS. Wraith Axle Debate & Poll bigstu General Scale Talk 27 10-25-2011 11:36 PM