Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial Wraith

Notices

Thread: Remote Discussion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-19-2013, 07:43 AM   #1

Default Remote Discussion

Alright im in need of some advice and discussion on the topic of a remote. I have a spektrum Dx2 right now that has served me well. But I have never had a crawler and plan on getting a wraith. Should I upgrade to a 3 channel and which one should I get? Looking at the Spektrum DX3s but can anyone lead me in the right direction or give me some pros and cons? Thanks in advance for any help
TonkaToyTaco is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-19-2013, 08:08 AM   #2

Default Re: Remote Discussion

DX3R is always a great choice.
futaba 4pk if you want 4 channel
heavy87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 08:16 AM   #3
Quarry Creeper

Hacked GT3 from overkillrc more channels than youll know what to do with and receivers are cheap
dieselmudder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 08:20 AM   #4
Scale Detail Engineering

do you want the 3rd channel for a winch or 4ws?

I found the Spektrum radios to be glitchy.
I love my Futaba 4pl. It has a 2 position switch that runs my trans and a 3 position switch that I was using for 4ws but now a winch. I'd like to be able to run all these functions and a switch for my lights but can't with 4 ch.
So,
At some point I want to pick up a hacked 6ch Flysky from Losikid.
johnnyh66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 08:25 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnyh66 View Post
do you want the 3rd channel for a winch or 4ws?

I found the Spektrum radios to be glitchy.
I love my Futaba 4pl. It has a 2 position switch that runs my trans and a 3 position switch that I was using for 4ws but now a winch. I'd like to be able to run all these functions and a switch for my lights but can't with 4 ch.
So,
At some point I want to pick up a hacked 6ch Flysky from Losikid.
4WS.
What kind of glitches did u find?

Quote:
Originally Posted by heavy87 View Post
DX3R is always a great choice.
futaba 4pk if you want 4 channel
but the only real difference from the s to the r is the screen. And For double the price I dont need all that. I am completely happy with a smaller screen on the side

Quote:
Originally Posted by dieselmudder View Post
Hacked GT3 from overkillrc more channels than youll know what to do with and receivers are cheap
Is that really the only place that sells them? They look scarse when I googled them. And whats the average price on one?

Last edited by THX_138; 03-13-2013 at 08:08 AM.
Old 01-19-2013, 08:33 AM   #6
Scale Detail Engineering

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonkaToyTaco View Post
4WS.
What kind of glitches did u find?
4 wheel steering, the 4pl has 4 modes preprogramed.

my dx3s just didn't seem like it had a constant signal to the receiver...
johnnyh66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 09:48 AM   #7
Quarry Creeper

Its the most readily available source. And customer service is outstanding. I was intimidated by it at first. Seems almost to fancy. And granted i dont use a lot of the features. But glad i got it and wouldnt hesitate to do it again. if my memory serves me right my hacked B with all mods was around 200 shipped with 2 receivers

Last edited by dieselmudder; 01-19-2013 at 09:51 AM.
Old 01-19-2013, 09:49 AM   #8

Now how comparable is this to a spektrum? with all that stuff its only like 110 bucks. Is that right or am i missing something? Im used to paying around 200 for one. BTW im talking about the flysky GT3B

Quote:
Its the most readily available source. And customer service is outstanding. I was intimidated by it at first. Seems almost to fancy. And granted i dont use a lot of the features. But glad i got it and wouldnt hesitate to do it again
I like the looks and write up on it but I have never heard of them and just a little scared to buy something IDK anything about. So is that gt3b good and reliable and is it going to do what I want with no problems? Pretty much am I going to be happy? I dont like buying junk

Last edited by THX_138; 03-13-2013 at 08:08 AM.
Old 01-19-2013, 10:05 AM   #9
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonkaToyTaco View Post
I like the looks and write up on it but I have never heard of them and just a little scared to buy something IDK anything about. So is that gt3b good and reliable and is it going to do what I want with no problems? Pretty much am I going to be happy? I dont like buying junk
There is a learning curve with the hacked GT3. But there's a thread where losikid answers questions. Mine has been very reliable and with just a little struggling with programming done everything I've wanted it to. I'm looking at buying another for my son since he always wants to use mine.
dasbeermeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 10:13 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by dasbeermeister View Post
There is a learning curve with the hacked GT3. But there's a thread where losikid answers questions. Mine has been very reliable and with just a little struggling with programming done everything I've wanted it to. I'm looking at buying another for my son since he always wants to use mine.
Alright thanks for that. If there is a write up on how to program it I should be good. Ill probably be good with just instructions. But is it really that good of a deal? Like 110 bucks, is that how much it cost ?
Old 01-19-2013, 10:47 AM   #11
Quarry Creeper

I havnt priced the base radio since i got mine over a year ago. Check out overkill rc's site for price info. I know my B has a 10 model memory. And range farther than i can see. So with more receivers it could control my whole fleet. Yes the programming is a learning curve. Ghtpdm5 did a good programming write up in the electronics sectiom. I keep it bookmarked. I had a young cousin pull the antenna out of mine. With Losikids guidance i opened it up and fixed it myself. I would reccommend it to anyone wanting multi channel. Mine will soon be set up to run my wraith with a pan/tilt camera system, two sets oflights and maybe winch. . I previously used it to control an LCC with 4ws and dig
Old 01-19-2013, 11:02 AM   #12
Pebble Pounder

I got mine for $128 or so shipped from overkillrc, losikid owns the site. That was with the ball bearing, voltage regulator, pre-hacked and with the programmer and an extra Rx, almost a year ago. If I had known about the GT3's before that I would never have dropped $250 on a DX3S and 2 Rx's. I don't have that much in the GT and 15 Rx's.
dasbeermeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 11:15 AM   #13

Quote:
I havnt priced the base radio since i got mine over a year ago. Check out overkill rc's site for price info. I know my B has a 10 model memory. And range farther than i can see. So with more receivers it could control my whole fleet. Yes the programming is a learning curve. Ghtpdm5 did a good programming write up in the electronics sectiom. I keep it bookmarked. I had a young cousin pull the antenna out of mine. With Losikids guidance i opened it up and fixed it myself. I would reccommend it to anyone wanting multi channel. Mine will soon be set up to run my wraith with a pan/tilt camera system, two sets oflights and maybe winch. . I previously used it to control an LCC with 4ws and dig
Wow thats great thank you for the info. Really helpful ill have to look up those write ups and bookmark them myself. Thank you

Quote:
Originally Posted by dasbeermeister View Post
I got mine for $128 or so shipped from overkillrc, losikid owns the site. That was with the ball bearing, voltage regulator, pre-hacked and with the programmer and an extra Rx, almost a year ago. If I had known about the GT3's before that I would never have dropped $250 on a DX3S and 2 Rx's. I don't have that much in the GT and 15 Rx's.
Yeah when I saw the price I was like no way. I know I paid around 180 for my dx2 and thats a 2 channel. so I was questioning myself on this

Last edited by THX_138; 03-13-2013 at 08:09 AM.

Remote Discussion - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Hydroplaning discussion Rudukai13 Formula Offroad 31 07-31-2013 08:35 PM
1.9 Class discussion dpdsurf Chit Chat 19 12-21-2009 07:34 PM
Just for discussion Culetto General Crawlers 7 11-14-2009 02:29 AM
1.9 Rules discussion Harley Missouri 29 10-21-2009 09:09 PM