Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial Wraith

Notices

Thread: has anyone used this servo?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-22-2013, 09:15 PM   #1
Rock Stacker

Default has anyone used this servo?

https://www.ckrccrawlers.com/ckrc-sp...vo-p-3023.html

it says 208oz/in but seems to good to be ture for $19.00

im looking to upgrade and would like to spend at least as possible. just like anyone but dont want to buy junk so if that one is junk are there any servos that are good around 200+ oz/in at 6v and i will be running a cc BEC. i dont mind paying more just dont want to spend more than about $50-$60. if that is at all possible. sorry if this is a dumb question new to rc. and i have googled and searched the forums just looking to add more info than what i have read looking for what peope have used and know work. im sure that someone has used a budget servo that is 200+ oz/in for around my price range and know that its sweet and works good. thank you.

BTW this rc thing is addicting.
jkustomz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-22-2013, 09:32 PM   #2
Pebble Pounder

Default Re: has anyone used this servo?

I bought a 208 oz servo for mine and it is not really enough. I would suggest 400 oz. or better.
Your gonna spend a little more coin than you want to but go big right away and save money in the long run.

Last edited by LuvMyTJ; 01-25-2013 at 12:57 PM. Reason: corrected data
LuvMyTJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 10:14 PM   #3
I wanna be Dave

this is what i use and love it. if i try realy hard i can stall it but itl still steer the tires into a wrinkle and is super tuff.

been using this servo in planes for a bout a year now and recently put it in the wraith. its rated at about 290oz
HXT 10kg Servo (metal gear) 55g / 10kg / .16sec (USA Warehouse)

instead of buying one high dollar servo you could buy a bucket load of these

the servo in action. i to thought it was to good to be true but i now believe atleast in this one servo

Last edited by evan03; 01-22-2013 at 10:17 PM.
evan03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 10:40 PM   #4
I wanna be Dave

Cheaper here:
http://www.hobbypartz.com/servo-mg946r.html

And here:
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...dProduct=31580

I've used em for years, not great and not horrible. Buy a couple, eventually it'll give out. The one in my kid's rig refuses to die however. Awesome winch servos as well.
Meatwad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 10:42 PM   #5
Quarry Creeper

Where a cheap servo may get you by for a while, a quality servo will perform and last.

I carry a $30 HobbyKing servo as a trail spare but my main servos are Futaba BLS. They are extremely fast and strong. I have a buddy that has been running some high end Hitecs that he bought 5 years ago and one just recently started to fail cause he hit a tree with 1 tire at Pro4 speeds.

Spend the money on a nice servo....
treys1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 12:10 AM   #6
Quarry Creeper

i dont crawl so i went with a savox sc0251 mg 222 oxin at 6 volts ive had it a while an more than happy plus it was priced right for the budget i was workin with i ened up orderin mine from amazon for 39 had it in three days
tdevilman2009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 06:36 AM   #7
I wanna be Dave

there are tons of options when in the 50-100 dollar range we can get awesome servos with out stepping into the 120 150 hitech range.

just because i have an 8 dollar servos thats been going strong for a very long time doesnt mean itl work for you.

just because a guy has a 130 dollar servo doesnt mean it will work for everyone either.

difrent strokes for difrent folks. ill never brake the bank with servo purchase but i will research till my fingers bleed and buy something that fits my needs and well if i buy an 8 dollar thats works awesome for me then thats sweet. if it doesnt last very long well im out 8 bucks.

id be willing to let one of mine go for free so that we get someone testing one other then me
Old 01-23-2013, 07:13 AM   #8
Quarry Creeper

If you want servo details Servo Database - RC Servo Specs and Reviews
BentMetaL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 07:38 AM   #9
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkustomz28 View Post
https://www.ckrccrawlers.com/ckrc-sp...vo-p-3023.html

it says 208oz/in but seems to good to be ture for $19.00

im looking to upgrade and would like to spend at least as possible. just like anyone but dont want to buy junk so if that one is junk are there any servos that are good around 200+ oz/in at 6v and i will be running a cc BEC. i dont mind paying more just dont want to spend more than about $50-$60. if that is at all possible. sorry if this is a dumb question new to rc. and i have googled and searched the forums just looking to add more info than what i have read looking for what peope have used and know work. im sure that someone has used a budget servo that is 200+ oz/in for around my price range and know that its sweet and works good. thank you.

BTW this rc thing is addicting.
I've owned 3 of those and had great luck with 2 on go fast basher rigs, 1 was junk out of the box, get them off ebay for about 5.00 buucks each, I don't believe the 200oz spec though.
Hacksaw707 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 08:31 AM   #10
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by evan03 View Post
there are tons of options when in the 50-100 dollar range we can get awesome servos with out stepping into the 120 150 hitech range.

just because i have an 8 dollar servos thats been going strong for a very long time doesnt mean itl work for you.

just because a guy has a 130 dollar servo doesnt mean it will work for everyone either.

difrent strokes for difrent folks. ill never brake the bank with servo purchase but i will research till my fingers bleed and buy something that fits my needs and well if i buy an 8 dollar thats works awesome for me then thats sweet. if it doesnt last very long well im out 8 bucks.

id be willing to let one of mine go for free so that we get someone testing one other then me
I'm not bashing cheap servos, I run $6 Hobbykings in my 2wd Stampede that my dog chases and I just built a winch out of one. I'm just saying if you are already up to $50-$60 you could go just a little further and pick up something that will last.

I know that a lot of people like the CS-170's too for under $100

All that being said, if you want to try a cheap servo, I have read some good things about this one:

HXT 10kg Servo (metal gear) 55g / 10kg / .16sec (USA Warehouse)

$8.84 out of the USA warehouse. I was thinking of ordering a couple for winch duty.
Old 01-23-2013, 08:32 AM   #11
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hacksaw707 View Post
I've owned 3 of those and had great luck with 2 on go fast basher rigs, 1 was junk out of the box, get them off ebay for about 5.00 buucks each, I don't believe the 200oz spec though.

ok cool thank you. i kind of wanted to hear that if that spec was ture. it just seemed that the torque was to high for the price. but i may just go and try on of those $8 servos the other people posted and well if it dont work im out $8.
Old 01-23-2013, 08:41 AM   #12
Quarry Creeper

FYI, that one that I carry as a spare is this one:

HK15298B High Voltage Coreless Digital MG/BB Servo 66g / 20kg / 0.16s (USA Warehouse)

You can get that one for ~$30 shipped.

I have a buddy that has one in a Wraith and it gets around OK. His has been beat on and dunked in water numerous times, and while it doesn't perform as well as it did new, it does still work. Waterproof it or keep it out of water and it should be fine.
Old 01-23-2013, 09:43 AM   #13
Quarry Creeper

Savox has a 499 oz servo for 75$ I have beat the heck out of mine and still doing great!
BoardN88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 09:47 AM   #14
Scale Detail Engineering

I run all Hitec in my comp scalers but just picked up one of these for my mini crawler: Solar Servo D772 High Voltage 0.17sec@7.4v 64g Digital Metal Gear

417oz for $17.
johnnyh66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 10:20 AM   #15
Rock Crawler

I have a CS-170 and love it so far.

But wow, $17.50 for a high voltage 417 oz in servo!? Crazy.
rm25x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 08:01 PM   #16
Rock Stacker

is savox a good brand? the only brand that ive heard of is hitec. i still might get a cheap one to try not sure yet. all i am sure of is cc BEC this weekend new axle shafts SOON the dog bones suck i have to limit the hell out of my steering. and then a new servo. right now i run a hitec 646wp and seems kind of week maybe because i dont have my BEC yet but doesnt seem to turn good. it is brand new but like i said seems weak maybe the tires grip to good or the truck is to heavy idk but seems week so my order of things to do is cc BEC this weekend, work on my rock course its HUGE, axle shafts (maybe in a week or so) then a new servo (maybe in 2-3weeks)
Old 01-23-2013, 08:35 PM   #17
I wanna be Dave

i run all savox on my 50 size nitro helicopter and love them. if i ever bought 70-100 dollar servo for my crawler it would most likly be a savox.

savox is awesome

hitech makes awesome servos and also happens to be the servo to have on this forumn. there are alot of other servos that will also perform and and last a very long time right up there with the 130 dollar hitechs thats everyone seems to have here.

side dumps were also a have to have about 5 years ago in the excavation dirt hauling industry in this area seems every one had one. now 5 years later you wont see a side dump on the road for months at a time

Last edited by evan03; 01-23-2013 at 08:40 PM.
Old 01-23-2013, 08:37 PM   #18
Quarry Creeper

MAN! Rad thread!. Im a cheap bastard and have always run 2nd hand used servos. I'm putting this thread in my favorites to hold these links.
Anyone got a link to a decent waterproof one? Was thinking of getting a Traxxas 2075? Got one for a buddy's Truggy build for $15 used. Works great so far
Bansh88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 09:06 PM   #19
I wanna be Dave

the hxt is specked to be waterpoof, i havent tested it in the feild yet but i have been rinseing it off in the sink with no ill effects

i also ran the 2075 on short course truck. i honestly think the hxt servo is better
Old 01-23-2013, 09:28 PM   #20
Rock Stacker

the biggest problem with servos is there are to dam many all calming to do this and that and prices anyway from $7.00 for super high torque up to $150.00 for the same torque the $7.00 one calms to have. dam to many choices.its driving me insane

has anyone used this servo? - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
C.I. - Servo Guard - Servo Clamp - Servo Mount - Annoucement Nova's Ark Crawler Innovations 10 05-07-2015 01:25 PM
***Crawler Innovations Servo Guard-Servo Clamp-Servo Mount GIVEAWAY*** Nova's Ark General Crawlers 228 07-12-2011 01:17 PM
***Crawler Innovations Servo Guard-Servo Clamp-Servo Mount GIVEAWAY*** Nova's Ark General Crawlers 266 04-01-2011 02:18 PM
Crawler Innovations Servo Guard - Servo Clamp - Servo Mount GIVEAWAY!!! Nova's Ark General Crawlers 219 10-18-2010 12:43 PM