Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial Wraith

Notices

Thread: Miller Fab front bumper

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-27-2013, 12:05 PM   #1
I wanna be Dave

Default Miller Fab front bumper

hehe i gave it a name since i run miller welders my last names miller and i fabbed it. awhile back i bought some bar and flat stock and was going to start a cage but i never did. i dont want to tear my wraith down to start the build. so i need to at minumum order a skidplate and build from there.

this all started last night as i was looking at frame mounted servos. i was thinking i could build a platform for it so i tore the stuff out that i didnt want and well part way in i get to thinking screw the frame mounted servo since itl most likly limit travel and steer no where near like the axle mount does. maybe itl be fine. i may revist that at another time.

heres what i cam up with. never cared for the stock bumper.

Wheels quite habit better with the added weight pulled a few lines that I couldn't before.

i may have made it to tall but i still kinda like it

Last edited by evan03; 01-27-2013 at 03:34 PM.
evan03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-28-2013, 01:59 AM   #2
Quarry Creeper

Default Re: Miller Fab front bumper

Look pretty sweet is it set up to hold a battery its hard to tell and does it interfere with servo at all while flexing
bigred22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 06:30 AM   #3
I wanna be Dave

thank you

it interferes with the servo the same as the stock wraith bumper and plate does at ride height the servo rides up inside it and just clears the servo horn . the stock setup hit the servo horn. sometimes flexing it just barely bumps the upper top servo mounting point(same as stock)

my esc is mounted on it i may modify it to creat a battery plate underneath where the hood hinges

yesterday i ran higher ride height and have adjusted it back down.

been testing difrent amounts of flex

Last edited by evan03; 01-28-2013 at 06:36 AM.
Old 01-28-2013, 10:50 PM   #4
Quarry Creeper

That is my biggest issue with my wraith is the damn bumper hits the servo horn and have been looking for a way to modify or fix that and what u have made looks just enough clearance ill ever need do uk if chassis mounting the servo will fix this problem
bigred22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 01:47 AM   #5
I wanna be Dave

Thanks.

Chassis mounting should fix the problem.
Old 01-29-2013, 02:39 AM   #6
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigred22 View Post
That is my biggest issue with my wraith is the damn bumper hits the servo horn and have been looking for a way to modify or fix that and what u have made looks just enough clearance ill ever need do uk if chassis mounting the servo will fix this problem
If you have threaded links , shorten the upper ones a touch , it flattens out the front diff angle and lets the servo miss the bumper.
northkona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 06:23 AM   #7
I wanna be Dave

flipping the lower shock mounts will also flatten out the angle and lower the ride height but mine still hits the servo arm witht he stock bumper.

im intrigued with a servo mounted in the frame for sclae looks and im also curious if i can make it work with a custom drag link. i want to test it with no pan bar but it may be needed. maybe. i gota to wondering why have pan bar on there when the drag link is super strong and where running 500z servos that could take the little bit of side to side force.
Old 01-29-2013, 12:11 PM   #8
I wanna be Dave

tore it down to put some servo mounting tabs in. but man i just cant do it and was givn a exscuse when i realized i didnt want to chance welding the tabs with the esc onboard.

this is alittle better picture of whats going on. i stil may be servo frame mounted by the end of the day. still kicking it around

Old 01-29-2013, 12:17 PM   #9
I joined the Band!

Some massive shocks u have there:eek:
TNCrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 12:22 PM   #10
I wanna be Dave

yeah i like em bone cheap and are working lots better then the stock ones. i ran these and stock and finaly left these on.

im not to much on scale but will install and use what works and doesnt cost a ton