Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial Wraith

Notices

Thread: Offset hex... for a wider a wider stance.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-29-2013, 11:03 PM   #1

Default Offset hex... for a wider a wider stance.

I want a little wider stance on my wraith. I looked at offset hex bolts by integy and looked like I can go +3 or +5. IF I get this productIntegy Hex Wheel Hub Set +5 Offset Wraith (2) (INTC24396BLACK) | - RC Planet
will the outsides of my tires be wider? I keep seeing posts that say a negative offet makes it wider, bur they may have been talking about wheels..
I'm confused
Is there any reason I would not want to use this product to make my stace wider. Will this product even fit the spindle? would I be able to thread on the hex nut with this installed?
anyone out there doing this too?
I want to keep all my travel and not lower the suspension. I want to crawl and trail run this rig. speed is not important.... To me.
Willy Smellson is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-29-2013, 11:40 PM   #2
Quarry Creeper

Default Re: Offset hex... for a wider a wider stance.

they will take an move the wheel an tire farther out from where they r now. i have never an will never buy integy so cant say about how strong or good they r. an yes a negative offset wheel can be used to make it a little wider to.
tdevilman2009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 04:26 AM   #3
Rock Crawler

Default Re: Offset hex... for a wider a wider stance.

Hey brother,

The Junfac Wheel wideners are awesome. I lifted my wraith and needed more stance to compensate and used the 19mm blue spacers from junfac. I then lowered the truck again and used the red 13mm and am currently using them and they are freakin sweet! I destroy side hilling, obviously weight is an issue as well but the wideners will improve your skills instantly. These are the wideners I'm talking about.

Wheel Wideners : JunFac.com

Your looking for item number J51032 (RED)
The blue are (J51033)

You will need to BLUE threadlock any wideners you put on them they have a tendency to come loose and you dont want to lose a hex pin on top of a mountain haha.

Another side note on the red is that the wider you make the axles and stance the more area you will be hitting or contact on the axle, it will make it a little harder to clear some gates getting stuck on the wider axles. Using the red I had no issues.

RED Spacers

BLUE (Not lifted)

Blue Lifted

Even got a pic with RC4WD 12mm to 17mm Wheel wideners as well on 40 series Moabs

Hope this helps let me know if you have any other questions

Last edited by OFFROADRCKOREA; 01-30-2013 at 04:45 AM.
OFFROADRCKOREA is offline   Reply With Quote

Offset hex... for a wider a wider stance. - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Another way to mod a rim for wider stance DANALLY Losi Micro-Rock Crawler 10 11-01-2011 02:34 PM
Wider Stance? The Jackalope Redcat Crawlers 6 05-01-2011 06:07 AM
hub extenders for wider front stance snail78 RC4WD Bully 5 03-04-2011 08:15 AM
wider stance from a spacer up front?? 53 willys RC4WD Bully 40 01-18-2010 11:05 PM
Wider Stance GIXXER Losi Mini-Rock Crawler 2 12-27-2009 10:13 PM