Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial Wraith

Notices

Thread: Wraith receiver/ esc/ bec issues? Please help

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-31-2013, 11:49 AM   #1

Default Wraith receiver/ esc/ bec issues? Please help

I am rather new to RC crawling, having used only an Exceed maxstone 1/10, and recently finally buying a wraith. Since I purchased it, it has had problem after problem. (most probably due to my excessive noob ness) mostly little things.

Lately I've had one that I cant seem to fix, I was hoping you gurus of RCs could help me out with.

Turning on the wraith it runs fine, forward/reverse, drag brake works, but then about 5 or 10 minutes it locks up, and is very unresponsive. The servo will tweak back and forth, the throttle won't respond, and I am left walking, cursing the whole way, back to the workbench.

It DID work fine out of the box (it's theRTR)
Until I tried to change some things. I adjusted the suspension (which seems like it should in no way affect electronics) I put on all aluminum links, and I relocated the battery foreward under the hood, and the esc to the back for better weight.

I wonder if I may need an external BEC? I am running the stock electronics with a 5000mAh NIMH battery.

Does anybody have any suggestions, orang clue what is wrong? Thank you in advance
Cechini is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-31-2013, 11:59 AM   #2
Quarry Creeper

Default Re: Wraith receiver/ esc/ bec issues? Please help

have u checked the low voltage dection. what batt plugs are u useing. are all bats charged an new batts in the controler. make sure there is no lose connections or frayed wires also. stock should b fine without a bec .is the radio the 2.4 setup or am. hope this helps some i tossed my stock radio in the trash when i started to have problems with it an went to my traxxas 2.4 setup no problems since
tdevilman2009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 12:24 PM   #3

Fresh batteries in the transmitter, freshly charged 5000 mah nimh battery. I haven't checked the battery cutoff diction, no. I'm not really clear on what that is to be honest.
Old 01-31-2013, 12:25 PM   #4

I meant the low volage diction, sorry I was reading another thread and got words mixed up in my head
Old 01-31-2013, 12:44 PM   #5
Quarry Creeper

low voltage is for lipo batts if u r usein nimh that may b the problem do u have the castle link if so hook up to your computer an turn it off but rember if u go to lipo batts it will need to b turned back on as it keeps the lipos at a safe voltage
Old 01-31-2013, 12:53 PM   #6

So you're saying lipo cutoff may be on?
Old 01-31-2013, 02:03 PM   #7
Quarry Creeper

yup it may be i had a prob with my stock esc cuttin out so i tossed it in the trash can thinkin it was not good an went with a vxl3s i had laying around. then my freind came over with the same prob in his scx10 he brought his castle link an boy did i feel stupid

Wraith receiver/ esc/ bec issues? Please help - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Wraith ESC and Receiver Box in the rear cargo area Baja Bandido Axial Wraith 2 01-23-2013 01:04 PM
CC BEC / ESC issues?? RCFUN Electronics 17 03-29-2012 02:59 AM
MRC radio and receiver with sidewinder esc/cc bec/hitec 125$servo/ 2s lipo?? phase10 Electronics 5 03-13-2009 12:57 PM
Receiver BEC (vs ESC BEC) sim Electronics 7 10-13-2005 07:54 PM