Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial Wraith

Notices

Thread: Axial Wraith

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-02-2013, 11:58 AM   #1

Default Axial Wraith

Hello I recently just bought a axial wraith and have done some basic mod like aluminum c hubs, knuckles, and steering arms, put the battery in the front of the car, 45 turn tekin motor and esc, and new tires and beadlock wheels. So I was just asking for a little input on maybe what other mod I should start to look at soon suspension, steering servo, aluminum links, or gears? I would appreciate any help I can get. Thanks
Krail63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-02-2013, 12:05 PM   #2
Quarry Creeper

Default Re: Axial Wraith

links would be my suggestion. if its the rtr the plastic is flimsy and starts to deform and flex quickly.
dieselmudder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 12:10 PM   #3
I wanna be Dave

wheel it till something breaks then mod that part
evan03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 02:22 PM   #4
RCC Addict

If you are using it for crawling primarily, id do a upgraded steering servo and linkage and add a bec to get the full benefit of the servo
dittohead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 03:00 PM   #5
I wanna be Dave

id then go agaisnt the grain and recomend the savox 1230. its baddass monster toruge at 6volts. and 400 something at 4.8 volts.

i think thats what im going to run on mine when i have the cash. i have 7 savox servos on my 600 nitro helicopter and love them.
Old 02-03-2013, 01:38 AM   #6

thanks for all the help and today i just bought the losi 4"threaded rock crawler shockset and i am think the next thing is going to be the steering servo.If anybody has some good websites or bands i would greatly appreciate it!!!
Krail63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 03:04 AM   #7
Quarry Creeper

depending on what u plan to do with it,but i recomend this:servo+CC bec,aluminum steering link with metal knuckles and c-hubs,MIP driveshaft,aluminum links,bombproof transmision,this is where i'l start from.the order is not a must,u can swap the order of upgrades
Kitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 08:59 AM   #8
I wanna be Dave

savox 1230 sg
Savox SC-1230SG Tall Digital Steel Gear Servo [SAV-SA-1230SG] | Radios & Accessories - A Main Hobbies

everyone runs the 10amp castle but i dont feel its much of an upgrade, ive browned out running 4 servos on a 450 helicopter with this so maybe one monster servo will get by and be alright with it.
Castle Creations 10 Amp Adjustable BEC [CSE010-0004-00] | Electric Accessories - A Main Hobbies

i think if your going to do it you myswell go all the way and make sure you have the power for all your needs
20 amp .
Castle Creations 20A BEC Pro Voltage Regulator [CSE010-0004-01] | Electric Accessories - A Main Hobbies
Old 02-03-2013, 09:33 AM   #9
RCC Addict

[QUOTE=evan03;4159784]savox 1230 sg
Savox SC-1230SG Tall Digital Steel Gear Servo [SAV-SA-1230SG] | Radios & Accessories - A Main Hobbies

everyone runs the 10amp castle but i dont feel its much of an upgrade, ive browned out running 4 servos on a 450 helicopter with this so maybe one monster servo will get by and be alright with it.
Castle Creations 10 Amp Adjustable BEC [CSE010-0004-00] | Electric Accessories - A Main Hobbies

i think if your going to do it you myswell go all the way and make sure you have the power for all your needs
20 amp .
Castle Creations 20A BEC Pro Voltage Regulator [CSE010-0004-01] | Electric Accessories - A Main Hobbies[

I disagree. A 10amp bec is PLENTY for 1 high torque servo. The only time id recommend one of those 20amp becs is if you are going rear steer with high powered servos. On my wraith i went with 2 10amp becs, each one hardwired to each servo. Smaller packaging and i already had them. I also dont recommend savox servos, i dont care how well they work in your helicopter, they are NOT as good as a quality hitec servo in a crawler/basher. Ill never switch from hitec, been using the same 5955 servos for 6-7 years in some of my crawlers, all still work great

Last edited by dittohead; 02-03-2013 at 09:36 AM.
Old 02-03-2013, 09:41 AM   #10
I wanna be Dave

i always go against the grain specialy when the 1230 is about the half the price. to each there own though. and yeah the 10amp probly works fine to power a single servo

the helicopter brings up another point. i wouldnt trust the 10amp to fly a 1500 dollar bird . nor would i trust a untrustworthy servo. i feel im doing good with budget savox servos. they cost less but are a great and proven reliable servo.

the savox monster 1230 may not have ass awesome of reputation as the 1258s i havent researched them that much but the little i did it seems guys that run the 7950 and 1230 seems to be undecided. but its a rare few that will run them side by side. its either one side of the fence or the other

Last edited by evan03; 02-03-2013 at 09:46 AM.
Old 02-03-2013, 10:21 AM   #11
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by evan03 View Post
i always go against the grain specialy when the 1230 is about the half the price. to each there own though. and yeah the 10amp probly works fine to power a single servo

the helicopter brings up another point. i wouldnt trust the 10amp to fly a 1500 dollar bird . nor would i trust a untrustworthy servo. i feel im doing good with budget savox servos. they cost less but are a great and proven reliable servo.

the savox monster 1230 may not have ass awesome of reputation as the 1258s i havent researched them that much but the little i did it seems guys that run the 7950 and 1230 seems to be undecided. but its a rare few that will run them side by side. its either one side of the fence or the other
Basically where im coming from is the OP is just starting out in this hobby, a great way to get a new guy leave the hobby is by recommending "upgraded" parts that are not going to last. Hitec has a proven track record and excellent customer service. Savox not so much. They are a cheap alternative but not in the same category as a hitec. Imo you get what you pay for. Id run a savox in a shortcourse truck or onroad but never a crawler, the demand on the servo is just too high
Old 02-03-2013, 10:42 AM   #12
Quarry Creeper

good god, lets not turn this into another budget build thread. and personally i dont think the servo needs to be replaced till it gives up. i can pretty much guarantee the original servo will outlast the steering links easily. the fact that the plastic is so cheap and flimsy probably prolongs the life of the servo. lets suggest parts to him as needed. not just give him a shopping list of high quality money sucking parts. hell im running a Losi rtr steering servo on mine at the moment. and it works.

sorry to hijack your thread Krail. lets be more concerned with helping the guy out.
dieselmudder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 12:10 PM   #13
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by evan03 View Post

is it me,or we are talking cars here and not helis.when u use multiple servos maybe is needed for a biger BEC,but on a car where u use 1-2 servos de CC bec is enough,and the pro bec,it's quite big,size of an esc.don't take it personaly,but i like to give advise on what man is asking,not talking about planes,helis and UFO.good luck
Old 02-03-2013, 12:22 PM   #14
RCC Addict

I'd skip on the Savox and by a HighTec. Much higher quality and 100x the customer service. I've had a few Savox servos and was disappointed with all of them. I want with the HighTec 7954 and 7950 and will never turn back. You get what you pay for when you buy a HighTec. If you don't mind drilling a couple holes this is on sale right now for $135

http://www.servocity.com/html/hs-7980th_servo.html

Last edited by crawler nut; 02-03-2013 at 12:27 PM.
crawler nut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 12:28 PM   #15
Quarry Creeper

+1 here for a hitec instead of the savox

Axial Wraith - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
VIDEO: Axial SCX10 Honcho, Land Rover Defender 90, Axial Wraith going on a Recce trip boolean21 Scale Videos! 0 10-16-2012 03:05 AM