Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial Wraith

Notices

Thread: Level 3 chassis mounted servo

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-12-2013, 05:24 AM   #1
Rock Stacker

Default Level 3 chassis mounted servo

I got my level 3 chassis mounted servo in yesterday and out of then box I was disappointed. They sent me a little baggy of stuff with no directions or diagram of how to put together or install. I check their website and still no directions just some pictures of the parts laid out and pictures on the kit installed.

So I set there and finally got an idea of how it could go together and started working on it. Finally got it installed. Was playing around with it just setting on the counter and noticed that it had gotten stiff and didn't want to flex. Then I remembered reading where someone said that a top link must be removed. So I did this and it made it a little better but itmjust didn't seem to have the same flex as before.

Does anybody else have any experience with these kits. How do you feel about them?
hooty481 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-12-2013, 10:19 AM   #2
I wanna be Dave

Default Re: Level 3 chassis mounted servo

Level 3 stuff is basically garbage. I have their droop kits and the hardware they provide is very low grade. The aluminum parts look cool but I had to modify mine to look better..lol. I guess you get what you pay for!! Their stuff is cheap.

VP is much, much better!! The VP CMS and panhard kits are the best available!! PERIOD!
ZippoMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 10:28 AM   #3
RCC Addict

Never tried the Level 3 kit. Always though it didn't look to good. I have the VP CMS and panhard kit installed on my Wraith now and love it. No binding, cycles properly and looks good. Agreed with ZippoMan. VP products are the best.
crawler nut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 05:44 AM   #4
Rock Stacker

I guess I will run it for a little bit and see if it holds up. It looks like these parts were cut out with a pocket knife. I won't recommend there stuff to anyone.
Old 02-22-2013, 07:40 PM   #5
Rock Stacker

I been running this for a couple weeks and it limits the travel to much. Soon as I get a chance I'm gonna pull it off. I guess I'm stupid but I still don't know what the reason in for a chassis mounted servo unless it's just an option to spend money on. What is the real logic behind it?
Old 02-22-2013, 07:44 PM   #6
I wanna be Dave

Yes looks only!! That is why I bought mine! I wanted to get the servo off the axle. The Rubi-Wraith looks better that way in my opinion.

With VP stuff I have no travel limitation...it is same as stock for articulation.
ZippoMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 08:09 PM   #7
Rock Stacker

I guess I got a pile of scrap metal.
Old 03-16-2013, 02:07 PM   #8

I've talked to a few people that have the Level 3 kit and it seems about 50/50 on if the kit worked out well or not. It leads me to believe that some issues are set up based, some issues are just based on "you get what you pay for". I just ordered the same kit as well based on price alone. I hate the axle mounted servo location, I've had nothing but problems with it. I'm doing a lil bit of servo work and I'm waiting to get the chassis mount in to run it again. If I can get it to run well I'll post up anything I've found to help the set up.

Nearly 100% of people love the VP set up but for the money and the fact that I'm pretty ingenious in times of need I'll give the cheapo stuff a try. On the other hand you have to remember, if you're already going to spend at least 25 bux on a cheapo set but you don't want to deal with the issues then technically a VP set up is only going to cost you 25 bux out of the 50 (or what ever the cost is) due to the fact that you're already committed to spending at least half of that more expensive cost already. Just my take on it.
HARLEY1874666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 02:24 PM   #9

Yeah Nathan from level 3 doesn't have any Customer service either.. I bought some of level 3 stuff and found out they was not compatible with my other vp stuff so i didn't use at all. Go figure

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
Nocturnalsixer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 03:22 PM   #10
Pebble Pounder

I went the cheap route, just got my Level 3 CMS w Panhard... looking for instructions, but I should get it installed tonight and will post back my findings as well. I love VP gear, but on this wraith I have the Level 3 steering link so figured I'd stick with the blocky look.
Kobier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 01:50 PM   #11
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZippoMan View Post
Level 3 stuff is basically garbage. I have their droop kits and the hardware they provide is very low grade. The aluminum parts look cool but I had to modify mine to look better..lol. I guess you get what you pay for!! Their stuff is cheap.

VP is much, much better!! The VP CMS and panhard kits are the best available!! PERIOD!
Exactly, I've seen Level3 junk and I would never buy it....send it back for refund and order VP.

Vanquish Products is the only way to fly.
Natedog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 09:33 PM   #12

I almost had it set up. It took a lot of thought and trial of different parts. In the end the frustration of the entire thing got the best of me, we'll just say it didn't end well. The Wraith won't be running for a long time.
HARLEY1874666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 04:07 AM   #13
Quarry Creeper

EVERYTHING level3 makes is GARBAGE!! its a miracle they are still in business...and their products even look like crap!....VP is only way to go IMHO
87yota is offline   Reply With Quote

Level 3 chassis mounted servo - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Chassis mounted servo lurchy Axial Wraith 18 01-03-2015 05:39 AM
CR-01 Chassis Mounted Servo Landcruiser 110 Tamiya CR-01 8 07-30-2012 02:26 PM
chassis mounted servo??? savagebeast Axial Wraith 4 05-04-2012 11:12 PM
chassis mounted servo twilight Axial SCX-10 3 07-17-2009 10:21 PM
chassis mounted servo help? luis General Crawlers 4 08-24-2008 01:47 PM