Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial Wraith

Notices

Thread: Will this BL system work on my wraith?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-03-2013, 06:16 AM   #1
Rock Stacker

Default Will this BL system work on my wraith?

Castle Creations 1/10 SV2 Sidewinder SCT 3800kV System - SAMIRC

Since i live in Norway and there is no tekin reseller in this country i am looking at other BL systems that might work.

Anyone have any experience with this system? Will it cog on low speeds?
Jigs is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-03-2013, 06:36 AM   #2
RCC Addict

Default Re: Will this BL system work on my wraith?

If you are doing an FOFF rig it's good. But, there is no low speed control at all with that combo. It's either stopped or going fast. You should check for a sensors setup and just order and wait for it to get to you.
ik632 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 08:37 AM   #3
I wanna be Dave

i actualy think the 3800 sv2 wouldnt do to bad specualy if you tossed a bigger spur and smaller pinion on it.

heres my sv2 4600 with stock 4.0 gearing. ive since switched to a 2100kv bl no sensor motor and its alot smoother

evan03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 09:26 AM   #4
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jigs View Post
Castle Creations 1/10 SV2 Sidewinder SCT 3800kV System - SAMIRC

Since i live in Norway and there is no tekin reseller in this country i am looking at other BL systems that might work.

Anyone have any experience with this system? Will it cog on low speeds?
I have one in my Exo Terra. There is lots of cogging until you get up to a moderate speed. In the sand where it takes a little extra torque, you have to push the Exo to get it going. Once you get it going, it is fast.
k7zpj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 10:08 AM   #5
RCC Addict

If you have a sensorless system laying around I'd say try it out and see how you like it. But if you have to go buy one why not just get a sensored system? You'll be much happier in the long run and never have to deal with all of the annoying cogging of a sensorless system has.
crawler nut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 10:57 AM   #6
Rock Stacker

It looks like im gonna wait abit and then se if i can find a sensored system. But is there a minimum Kv i should get? I have seen on the forums that alot of ppl use 3300kv... Is that like a magic number?

I would like abit of both worlds really. i want it to have some speed but still be able to crawl... Is that even possible?
Old 03-03-2013, 11:01 AM   #7
RCC Addict

I love my Pro4 3300kv. It has tons of speed and more than enough torque for crawling. The 2 sysytems I'd recommend are Tekin RS and Pro4 3300kv, or MMP and Pro4 3300kv or MMP abd Novak Ballistic 13.5T
Old 03-03-2013, 01:57 PM   #8
Rock Stacker

Looks like I will be going for a mmp and tekin pro4 3300kv The mmp i can get here in Norway but the pro4 I will have to get of ebay.

Will i need to upgrade anything else on my truck to get it to handle the power? Or will the stock car hold up?
Old 03-03-2013, 02:37 PM   #9
RCC Addict

Metal trans gears and 32p spur and pinion, universals in the front axle if you don't already have them, suspension links, and eventually hd axle gears.
Old 03-03-2013, 04:03 PM   #10
I wanna be Dave

how bought 2100kv brushless?

my system isnt sensored crawls pretty well on 2 and 3s and freaking tears shit up on 5 and 6s. ive been thinking about turning the drag brake off and seeing if i cant make a few doubls or huge step up jump today.

this system came from hobby king and cost about 100 bucks shipped. thats the turnigy 150 track star esc and 2100kv 1/8 scale motor.

be warned you l most likly need to get metal tranny gears and drivelines if you go this route..

of all the motor esc combos on this site this one probly the least common but may well be the most versitale on a budget
Old 03-03-2013, 06:54 PM   #11
RCC Addict

Its less common because its a sensorless system. Most that own a wraith want the smoothness of a aensoted system. And if he doesn't have it sitting on his shelf and has to go buy one then a sensoted system is by far a better choice.
Old 03-03-2013, 07:58 PM   #12
I wanna be Dave

Most definitely. But if on a budget? There's the uncommon baddass way ;). I dont have much money even if I did i bet I'd still do it my own way.

My wraith is pretty damn baddass specially considering the lack of money spent
Old 03-03-2013, 08:04 PM   #13
RCC Addict

I actually ran the Wraithen today and mine with MMP and ROC 412-3100 ran for an hour and a half and was ice cold. My son ran his Tenshock SC411 the same amount of time, killed the battery, and the motor was pretty warm. I'm swapping in the Novak Balistic 17.5 and MMP into his to see how it does. I know it will be slower, but I'll play with gearing.

In general Castle ESC's aren't that smooth unless they are brushless. I run a Brushless Hobbies ESC in the Wraith with the Tenshock motor and it's super smooth whether the sensor cable is plugged in or not. I ran a Tacon 4000kv 2 pole motor in my touring car this afternoon with MMP and it was almost undriveable due to surging off the line and lack of smoothness. The BH ESC was super smooth and was running in unsensored mode.
ik632 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 08:28 PM   #14
I wanna be Dave

Yeah we don't need a sensor to be smooth.
Old 03-03-2013, 08:50 PM   #15
RCC Addict

Still don't understand why you are recommending a sensorless system to a guy who wants to crawl and go fast. A sensored system is a no brainer. I ran my MMP and Tekin Redline for 5the minutes without the sensor wire and hated it. The sensorless cogging gets very annoying and if he has to go buy one new there is no reason to buy something sensorless over a sensored system. It is proven again and again that sensored systems are good in Crawlers and sensorless isn't.

OP spend another $50-100 and get a sensored system and be much happier with the performance of your wraith.
Old 03-04-2013, 04:58 AM   #16
Rock Stacker

I gotta agree with crawler nut on this. when im forst going to upgrade to BL i really think sensored is the way to go. It wont be any slower then a sensorless system and u eliminated the cogging at low speed.

So im gonna keep to my original choice of the mmp esc and a tekin motor. not sure witch yet...

Is the new tekin roc motor any good for a wraith? will they be slow?
Old 03-04-2013, 06:29 AM   #17
I wanna be Dave

just threw it out there since the op appeared to be on budget.

the pro4 is awssome everyone runs it and is smooth so its home run best of all worlds kinda combo but does push the budget aways over 160.

im getting more into crawling and have noticed id like to be a touch smoother ive also noticed difrence in smooth between batteries. will test a few difrent batteries and see. the pro4 or maybe t8 may be in my wraiths future
Old 03-04-2013, 08:25 AM   #18

Hey Jigs, good to see a fellow Norwegian here.
I run the Tekin RS with Tekin redline 13.5T and 13.0HT rotor. Stock transmission hold up so far, but have 32p gears (60/13), even the stock drive shafts hold up. Oh, we run on 3S LiPo also. I would say it's smooth, even compared to the stock 27T brushed, and have desent power.
A friend have the 3100kv ROC and RS in the mail, so next weekend we will know how that works.

Ebay or RC4WD is a good place to buy the combo.
Trail Monkey is offline   Reply With Quote

Will this BL system work on my wraith? - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Power system suggestions for SCX10 Work Horse gabehunt Axial SCX-10 5 04-24-2012 05:12 PM
whats a DIG system n how does it work? yellowpasta2000 Newbie General 8 11-07-2009 12:33 PM
Help choosing 6 channel receiver that will work with 3 racing LED light system. HELP 4x4Crawler4LIFE Electronics 9 07-13-2009 07:41 PM
which batteries will work on novak goat brushless system DAN8701 Axial AX-10 Scorpion 10 08-27-2008 06:46 PM
Georgia schools work the system JasonInAugusta Chit Chat 7 05-22-2008 10:33 AM