Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial Wraith

Notices

Thread: My soon to be Wraith - your thoughts

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-03-2013, 12:22 AM   #1
Rock Stacker

Default My soon to be Wraith - your thoughts

I own and have built a few SCX10s. Mine has a Tekin FXR and handwound 35T. Running a 14t pinion and a 87 spur. 3S LiPo. Some other mods and goodies. Nothing too major. Has not failed on me once.

I saw that RC4WD made a 2 Speed recently and I have decided to pull the trigger on a Wraith and build an all around crawler/basher. I feel the Wraith is better suited for bashing than my SCX10. So I bought a used wraith and an open box kit that missing some parts. I purchased a RC4WD AX2 2 speed tranny. Mine dilemma now is what to do for a power plant. I am thinking of running a Castle Creations 2400KV brushless motor and an MMP all powered by a 4S LiPo. I'm hoping that the combination of the gearing of 1st gear and the low KV motor will not cause cogging issues. I also hope that the 2400 will work well in second gear and not run hot like some other have mentioned when using 3000ish KV motors. I also have an Reedy 2000KV motor and ESC from an SC8.2e.

My goal is to crawl like a true crawler and then be able to put some sand paddles on and play on the beach or play in the snow. I want a dual purpose rig. I have an RC8Te and even though it hits 60mph I get bored fast with it. Its also kind of big. I like the simplicity of the Wraith.
it8ezbngrn is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links

My soon to be Wraith - your thoughts - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Thoughts on the Wraith RTR masexto Newbie General 9 04-05-2012 01:27 PM
deciding wraith vs slash? need thoughts doc Newbie General 14 02-10-2012 05:49 PM
My thoughts on the Axial Wraith *UPDATE* 7/3 Broke RPP Hobby RPP Hobby 11 07-03-2011 12:10 AM