Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial Wraith

Notices

Thread: i need some help please.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-29-2013, 10:29 AM   #1
Rock Stacker

Default i need some help please.

i just got a wraith from a forum member. it has a axial 27 turn motor , and a novak xrs sport reversible esc. i am assuming it is all stock besides that. i am into slow crawling will the novak xrs be ok with a 45t motor and 87/14 gears? and with that esc can i swap out gears and a fast motor to do some formula hills or will i hurt it? reason im asking is i have rocks at my house that crawlers would kill to have and i know of a place that has a really cool sand area with great hills for formula fun. if yall think i will be ok with my current esc what batteries and charger should i buy for it? i want some good long run times. the battery has been mover forward in the wraith.
scarecrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-29-2013, 07:07 PM   #2
Rock Stacker

Default Re: i need some help please.

If you are starting from scratch on the battery front then I would look at getting some 2 cell or 3 cell lipo batteries. Your ESC does not have the voltage cut off to be able to support a lipo battery, so I would ditch it before you waste money on batteries that won't last as long as you want.

If you go with something like the Holmes Hobbies brxl then you can run the 2 or 3 cell lipo's and benefit from the extra voltage it can supply to your servo as well. I imagine that if you paired a good quality 35 turn motor with a 3 cell lipo that you could enjoy the best of both worlds without having to swap everything all the time.
MotoSoul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 07:58 PM   #3
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by MotoSoul View Post
If you are starting from scratch on the battery front then I would look at getting some 2 cell or 3 cell lipo batteries. Your ESC does not have the voltage cut off to be able to support a lipo battery, so I would ditch it before you waste money on batteries that won't last as long as you want.

If you go with something like the Holmes Hobbies brxl then you can run the 2 or 3 cell lipo's and benefit from the extra voltage it can supply to your servo as well. I imagine that if you paired a good quality 35 turn motor with a 3 cell lipo that you could enjoy the best of both worlds without having to swap everything all the time.
THANK YOU for replying. i have been reading post after post and still cant figure this out. but im still learning. i was reading up on that brxl and i think thats what im gonna go with. i am starting from nothing so i need batteries and charger.
Old 04-29-2013, 10:58 PM   #4
Rock Stacker

I can't help you on the charger front as I am still using an old venom pro charger that I got from a friend. I'm in the process of switching over to 3s lipo's but my 1x1 decided to slow down my budget lol. I would honestly just start there. The only challenge is finding one in the right size to fit a wraith. My plan so far is to try out the reedy wolfpack 3s 3900 may 35c batteries and see how they hold up.
MotoSoul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 05:23 AM   #5
Rock Stacker

i can talk to my local hoby shop about batteries and chargers. problem with my local shop is they have 0 interest in crawlers so they carry no parts or upgrades for crawlers which sucks.
Old 04-30-2013, 09:33 AM   #6
Rock Stacker

same problem we have around here with hobby shops.... i have some pretty big batteries up front and they fit fine,, the best place to buy parts is here, in the classifieds, if u keep an eye on it and wait u will find almost all that u need, and then some... i thinj i run a 3s, 4000 in mine.. fits fine.. like moto said, 35T motor would work for ya and still have ok wheel speed... better to have it and not use it than the other way around.. i thought i was more into slow crawling to until i got my first wraith.. it WAS slow at first, went with tekin BL and no lookin back... as far as a charger, alot say balance everytime, which im sure is good, but i have had no issues with the charger with no balance plug that i use in tha truck when not at home...
lowlow is offline   Reply With Quote