Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial Wraith

Notices

Thread: bgr fab front trailbar with winch hits servo horn

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-18-2013, 01:09 PM   #1

Default bgr fab front trailbar with winch hits servo horn

Hi all. I just got the front trailbar with winch mount from BGR Fab and a rc4wd winch, and noticed that it hits the servo horn when flexing, and was just wondering what all the options there are to remedy this. Has anyone tried cutting a notch out of the winch mount/winch plate or will it weaken the winch mount, or even cause the horn to hit the actual winch?

I have been reading up on the VP panhard kit, but it sounds like it won't work with the front shocks in the holes closest to the firewall, but for every one that says it won't, I find another one that says it will work. I have the stock RTR Shocks. Also, will it work with the axial metal chubs & knuckles, or do they need to be VP as well? Thoughts?

I have also been looking at the Dinky "s-type" link, but didn't find a whole lot as to whether it will work with the VP steering link, or if something would need to be created for it to work. Thoughts?

I'm open to hear any ideas, and thanks in advance for everyone's help/advise.

Dusty
Dusty_G is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-18-2013, 02:09 PM   #2
Rock Crawler

Default Re: bgr fab front trailbar with winch hits servo horn

I would just notch it and forget about it.
bagged86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 07:34 PM   #3
Rock Crawler

Where did you buy the bumper? All the places where I see it sold say that the servo, in stock location, will hit the winch

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk 2
z50king is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2013, 07:08 AM   #4
Quarry Creeper

I am also running the VP pan hard set up on my rig and encountered the same problem when I bolted up my BGR front bumper. I was thinking I should cut a notch on the bumper winch plate. Then I discovered that I didn't have the servo sitting all the way back that it could go. Once I did that it gave it enough space where the servo didn't rub anymore. Let me know how it goes brother!
MexicanMarauder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2013, 08:32 AM   #5
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by MexicanMarauder View Post
I am also running the VP pan hard set up on my rig and encountered the same problem when I bolted up my BGR front bumper. I was thinking I should cut a notch on the bumper winch plate. Then I discovered that I didn't have the servo sitting all the way back that it could go. Once I did that it gave it enough space where the servo didn't rub anymore. Let me know how it goes brother!
I did the same thing. The CMS has to sit all the way back against the uprights.

Before I got the CMS I notched the winch mount (I know, it's sacrilege to cut a BGR product). Now that I have the CMS and winch, the winch only has three mouting holes. It that ever fails I can just sandwich another aluminum plate below the winch mount to regain the fourth mounting point.
Tio Loco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2013, 02:09 PM   #6
I wanna be Dave

hack that bgr and vp shit up untill it works for you. everything reguires modding to work correctly

I personally dig the dinky s mount but then even it will bring up some clearance issues
evan03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2013, 02:14 PM   #7
Quarry Creeper

Yes like Tio Loco said the CMS has to sit as far as it can go so the servo horn does not rub.
MexicanMarauder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 10:54 AM   #8

Thanks to everyone for the advise.

I went to a lhs called The Crawl Space and talked everything out and decided to go with the VP CMS and Panhard. They were very knowledgeable and gave me good info. Great place for anyone in the Denver area.

I mocked it up and everything seemed to clear the BGR Bumper. I will do a full install once work stops getting in the way.

Thanks again for your suggestions.
Dusty_G is offline   Reply With Quote

bgr fab front trailbar with winch hits servo horn - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Bgr fab front jk bumper blumaro Axial SCX-10 8 05-07-2013 06:55 PM