Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial Wraith

Notices

Thread: Shocks selection?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-10-2013, 06:49 PM   #1
Quarry Creeper

Default Shocks selection?

Hey Fellas,

Got my Wraith off Craigslist a few weeks ago. I ran the stock shocks for about 5 packs then found some Proline Powerstrokes for a Slash. I also acquired some Integy Piggyback shocks thru a friend. I liked how the stock shocks allowed the axle to drop way down off rocks ,but they are ugly and don't let the truck ride low. Tried the Prolines...only thing with the Prolines is that they are front and rear shocks for the Slash...so ones set is shorter (ran front shocks in front). I liked how the Prolines worked minus the shorter travel of the front axle and the looks are sweet. Tried the Integy piggybacks for poops and giggles...well they look cool, but they leak and are a PITA to bleed right. The Integy shocks are all 4" shocks.

So I ask you guys that do a lot of trail/crawling scale events what would you do? Run the stockers at what weight oil and forget looks? Run the Proline offset length shocks at what weight ? Or run the leak prone Integy shocks?

Any insight would be great
Crawlorado719 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-10-2013, 10:39 PM   #2
Rock Stacker

Default Re: Shocks selection?

Tony and I all run the Gmade piggy back shocks 103 MM. Cody runs the 93 MM on his Jk. A little leaking but from what I have seen between the three of us they do pretty well. Take a look at em when you come out with us this Sunday.
Tater0108 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 10:55 PM   #3
Quarry Creeper

Yeah when ever I can free up some cash I'll probably just order the gmade shocks and call it a day. I rebled the stock shocks and put losi golds on...now to hit palmer park.

thanks for your help
Old 09-11-2013, 10:25 AM   #4
RCC Addict

I run the losi comp shocks on mine and have worked great for me!!! I plan on giving the gmades a go thou so I have something to compare. I tried the axial xr10 shocks with the upgraded caps and they worked ok but the losi were smoother!!!
mammoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 11:02 AM   #5
RCC Addict

reworking the stock shocks will give you a nice droop setup and a very nice smooth ride over rough fast terrain

black or purple springs, aluminum shock bodies and large hole pistons.
redsawacs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 11:13 AM   #6
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by mammoth View Post
I run the losi comp shocks on mine and have worked great for me!!! I plan on giving the gmades a go thou so I have something to compare. I tried the axial xr10 shocks with the upgraded caps and they worked ok but the losi were smoother!!!
Cool thats for sure what I want to end up with. Thanks!
Quote:
Originally Posted by redsawacs View Post
reworking the stock shocks will give you a nice droop setup and a very nice smooth ride over rough fast terrain

black or purple springs, aluminum shock bodies and large hole pistons.
"reworking" you mean top hole location? I got the fronts all the way forward and the rears all the way forward...thinking about installing the losi golds on front also then moving the fronts top all the way back. I went to palmer park early this morning to test...dont know if it was the wet or what but the rig would not climb for crap....lifting the front up and all...hence moving front shocks and softening them up a little will help.

Thanks fellas!
Old 09-11-2013, 11:50 AM   #7
I wanna be Dave

I run stock kit shocks and a lowering kit. They work fine for me. If I come into some money I would probably upgrade but there is a lot of rc stuff I want more than new shocks for my wraith.
Calderwood is offline   Reply With Quote

Shocks selection? - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Shock selection Supermanjrp Team Losi Comp Crawler 7 07-19-2011 09:26 PM
lipo selection? azrcr XTM Crawler 2 06-06-2010 02:49 PM
Motor Selection newb Traxxas Crawlers 8 06-22-2009 05:16 PM
Motor Selection chvyhs Axial AX-10 Scorpion 17 02-19-2009 10:25 PM