Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial Wraith

Notices

Thread: Balancing Act?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-16-2013, 03:57 PM   #1

Default Balancing Act?

I just picked up a PS wraith this past Friday and it's been fun. I'm currently waiting on the first round of upgrades after stripping out the stock servo horn this Sunday.

I figured I might as well add a few goodies. An Axial servo horn, CC BEC, Castle Link and some Vanquish 475 hubs along with the needed hardware.

Anyway, I do enjoy playing on the rocks but my local spot has a lot of trails which I am very familiar with from MTBing/Hiking on them. I would like to be able to blast some trails and jumps as well as test which lines are possible on steeper areas.

So as the title says, looking to see what set ups people are running for a good balance of speed and crawling performance as well as value.

Thanks,

Mike
iafr8e is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-16-2013, 04:45 PM   #2
Rock Crawler

That's how I'm setting mine up. I'm adding all the heavy duty parts then putting in a tekin pro4. So far I've added VP suspension and steering links, hitec 7955tg servo, axial steering arm, gmade xd shocks, VP tranny case, HR gears, supershafty 6mm extended outputs, supershafty ultimate motor plate, MIP driveshafts, VP chubs knuckles and lockouts, castle bec. Still need to get HD diff gears and supershafty top shaft and Robinson 32p slipper. THEN I'm going brushless! That's my trail machine. Lots of cash.
Tmaxxed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 04:55 PM   #3
RCC Addict

Default Re: Balancing Act?

Quote:
Originally Posted by iafr8e View Post
I just picked up a PS wraith this past Friday and it's been fun. I'm currently waiting on the first round of upgrades after stripping out the stock servo horn this Sunday.

I figured I might as well add a few goodies. An Axial servo horn, CC BEC, Castle Link and some Vanquish 475 hubs along with the needed hardware.

Anyway, I do enjoy playing on the rocks but my local spot has a lot of trails which I am very familiar with from MTBing/Hiking on them. I would like to be able to blast some trails and jumps as well as test which lines are possible on steeper areas.

So as the title says, looking to see what set ups people are running for a good balance of speed and crawling performance as well as value.

Thanks,

Mike

Read through a hand full of threads and you'll find the go to products for exactly what you're wanting to do. Just do a bit of research before you ask questions that have been asked dozens of times. Also take a look at Harleys choosing a motor and esc sticky.
crawler nut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 05:31 PM   #4
Rock Stacker

I would say that if you are looking for then batteries would be a good place to start. You already have the CC BEC, so I would say upgrade to some 3s lipo batteries. That will give you some more top end without necessarily giving you all the parts snapping torque one of the monster motors will provide.
MotoSoul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 05:47 PM   #5
Pebble Pounder

Location: If assholes could fly this place would be a airport

LoL jumps the wraith can do... If you want to get your wraith bulletproof go metal everything...
SmokeScx10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 06:05 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by crawler nut View Post
Read through a hand full of threads and you'll find the go to products for exactly what you're wanting to do. Just do a bit of research before you ask questions that have been asked dozens of times. Also take a look at Harleys choosing a motor and esc sticky.
I've been searching and I've started to read that sticky, I can also tell this question has been asked before but there is always new products coming out. Never hurts to ask again. Besides if all people ever did was search, any forum would feel stagnant.

Sent from my SM-T210R using Tapatalk 2
Old 09-16-2013, 06:16 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokeScx10 View Post
LoL jumps the wraith can do... If you want to get your wraith bulletproof go metal everything...
I can get it off the ground but it seems more prone to bounce than actually jump. I'm still learning but it seems like I need to re valve my shocks. From what Ive read stock they are already set up with the 3 hole pistons. I thought loosing some dampening would be worse.

Anyone drill out an extra hole?

Old 09-16-2013, 06:29 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by MotoSoul View Post
I would say that if you are looking for then batteries would be a good place to start. You already have the CC BEC, so I would say upgrade to some 3s lipo batteries. That will give you some more top end without necessarily giving you all the parts snapping torque one of the monster motors will provide.
Im gonna do this as soon as I install my BEC. I have some 3s 2250 Mah Pulse batteries from my 450x. Im gonna solder a deans connector on one of them for a test run.

Balancing Act? - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
the American Jobs ACT losikid Chit Chat 45 09-13-2011 10:19 PM
ACT F'd up times losikid Chit Chat 24 04-27-2011 10:34 PM